5'9 Zippifish SOLD

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Hard to do this, but parting with my Zippi. Long story short. Custom ordered this over a decade ago. Surfed it a few times and thought it was too big. My buddy wanted it. I gave it to him. He moved to Washington and never surfed it. Stored it in his garage and gave it back to me recently. Had a couple of fun sessions on it but I'm not surfing sub 6ft boards much these days at all so I need to make room.

It's in fantastic shape. Has 2 small pressures dent on bottom, and a tiny rail ding that was fixed. I would say 9/10 condition.
Glass-on Zippi keels. Dims are not on board other than 5'9. I think its 5'9 x21.5 x2 5/8. 35ish liters maybe?

Attachments

Last edited:

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I surfed a similar Zippifish at the erBB fish fry in O'Side back in.... Hmmm.... dang, it was a long time ago...but I remember thinking that it was the best fish I'd ever surfed. Wish I had the extra cash to buy it off you!

• Love
Reactions: lofatkilla

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
I surfed a similar Zippifish at the erBB fish fry in O'Side back in.... Hmmm.... dang, it was a long time ago...but I remember thinking that it was the best fish I'd ever surfed. Wish I had the extra cash to buy it off you!
I've gone back and forth between keeping and selling. When it's crowded (always) I can't compete on a 5'9 and I get very pissy in the water. I can take out my Townsend and do ok even against the long boarders. As I get older it's very important I leave the water happy. Keeps me sane (ish).

Reactions: Aruka

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I had a zippi quad I bought used on Craigslist years ago. It was too big for me but i still had fun on it. One day I was at Porto getting out of the water and an old guy approached me and asked how I liked the board. Turned out that guy was Zippi. He seemed a lil bummed that whoever he shaped it for sold it. But he was super nice.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Years ago my brother had one of these with lokbox fins. He rode the crap out of it in all conditions for a solid couple years. It was too big for me, like a 6-0 i think, but i had one really memorable session on it at a random glassy sand bar in a spot that rarely gets good. Getting in early and backdooring these bowly sections, carrying speed from one pocket to the next. It was one of the first times I ever really clicked with a fish and I think it was part of what got me off the hpsbs in all conditions and started me down the alt board rabbit hole.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Damn, you guys are making this hard for me!
FYI: Not sure if anyone is aware and I didn't want to post it in my original for sale posting, but Michael Zippi passed away recently. Very sad. We are losing some talented, good peeps. RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka and tenover