5000 sq ft Light Industrial in SF (Make boards?)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not expecting much but still going to throw this out into the erbb ether.

I potentially have access to 5000 sq ft of light industrial warehouse space in SF (bay view).

With surfing exploding as a sport, manufacturers stretched to capacity, growing nor cal surfer population, etc, is there a need for a manufacturing facility in the Bay Area? YES, I already know labor is a major constraint so no point in lecturing me about that.

Shaping facility? Blank cutting? Glassing (epoxy)? Anyone have any (educated/useful) thoughts?
Before you even consider this contact the Bay Area AQMD and whoever the local HazMat enforcement agency is. Also contact the Stat Water Resources Board. Tell them what you’re thinking about doing.

Hire a compliance consultant if you want to have time to actually make boards.

Good luck. I hope you like anal.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Has the OP thought of putting one of those peep shows, multi-level, multi-kink, in said space?

:monkey:

Funny thing.

Since The Armory closed down, there may be a market for that. Granted, it's a different aesthetic, but it could work. You could get a few years in before the gentrification of the Bayview HP reaches NIMBY levels and shuts it down. I wonder where they film now? And if they kept the barrels of lube and BDSM/kink gear, or if they auctioned it off.

The City used to be so much more interesting, or I'm just old and washed.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Funny thing.

Since The Armory closed down, there may be a market for that. Granted, it's a different aesthetic, but it could work. You could get a few years in before the gentrification of the Bayview HP reaches NIMBY levels and shuts it down. I wonder where they film now? And if they kept the barrels of lube and BDSM/kink gear, or if they auctioned it off.

The City used to be so much more interesting, or I'm just old and washed.
Lusty Lady redeux

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
The armory closed because of california law that you must wear a jimmy when filming pron. So they moved to Vegas. Plus, the value of the armory is astronomical and they probably made a fortune selling it. It will be used for concerts/events after covid lockdown. They still have the kink.com bar across the street though for the tourists.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The armory closed because of california law that you must wear a jimmy when filming pron. So they moved to Vegas. Plus, the value of the armory is astronomical and they probably made a fortune selling it. It will be used for concerts/events after covid lockdown. They still have the kink.com bar across the street though for the tourists.

Yeah, I know some people who went to a show there. They said that it wasn't the greatest venue audio wise.
I also talked to a guy who went to a NYE party when it was still Kink HQ and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
^ I went to the 2015 NYC party at the Armory and wore my finest blue velvet tuxedo and kept being mistaken for security by fellow party goers.

Wasn't sure which was the best part;
1 more cannabis smoke than O2
2 the expensive liquid refreshments
3 listening to high people in the bathroom line
4 shivering in the cold outside while waiting for the fire marshal to open the venue up again
5 being able to laugh it all off and have a good time