50% Approval

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
GromsDad said:
How about this. No more health insurance. Everything is paid for out of pocket on a time and materials basis based on $250 an hour for surgeries and doctors time $150 an hour for nurse's time with time blocks broken into 15 minute increments and hospital bed space based on $250 per day.
I haven't shared this 'til now, but, last March, the day before we were headed up to Mammoth, I woke up and had a dizzy spell that brought me to my knees, with cold sweats and nausia.
Thought it was a heart attack, or worse, a stroke.
Went to the ER with wifey, and had a lot of tests done, EKG, MRI, blood work... NOTHING wrong, all good, still can't figure out what was going on.
Was in the hospital for a total of 1 1/2 hours.
Got a bill in the mail 2 weeks later for $11,000!
Health care expenses are so outa' control.
Saw one of the itemized billable's for a lite dose of a pain killer (one)... $20! Who's the drug dealer now? :foreheadslap:
Ended going up the next day to a 4' dump and skiing out butt's off for 3 days.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
Because it is impossible to provide for everyone that way without living collectively. It is against human nature to live 100% collectively and not look out for yourself, so large-scale collective living requires theft from productive members of society.
"100% collectively"? :roflmao:

Who wants that?

Where did you pull that number from?

Ben Shapiro or your asshole?

I know, kind of redundant question.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
BillyOcean said:
trevorbc said:
BillyOcean said:
trevorbc said:
BillyOcean said:
Obama is a cool guy but not very bright
You really live in a world of feelz over facts don't you?
He will be viewed by history as one of the worst presidents

This is not really debatable

He had major opportunity to be transformative which he squandered

He’s good at reading speeches

Will Smith would be too

Will Smith is probably smarter
Everyone one of your statements above I have heard repeated time and time again on right wing media. Verbatim. Although I've never seen the statements supported with any data.

Again all feelz and no facts. I suppose you admitted it already. Kind of makes debating anything with you pointless.

I guess I'm the type of person that wants to see the facts. If I see someone inherit a "great" recession and 8 years later the economy is doing much better, I'm not going to give them all the credit but I sure wouldn't proclaim them as one of the worst presidents in history.

When someone was president of the Harvard law review I would tend to think they are pretty intelligent. See how I'm doing it? I'm connecting facts with logical assumptions. That isn't to say that someone couldn't be dumb and president of the Harvard law review but there would have to be some other fact or facts presented to explain the anomaly.

I guess what I'm saying is that you may want to look into electric shock therapy or some other treatment for brain function because acting on just feeling can get you and others into a lot of trouble. On the other hand, if your brain is functioning properly and it is just an internet shtick, doesn't it get boring?
Obama is good at some things and not good at others

He’s good at being cool and giving speeches

This is helpful for rising to the top of organizations and getting elected to things

He’s really good at that

He’s not good at other things

He did not accomplish much as president

Look at how easily trump undid his accomplishments

This speaks to Obama’s lack of ability
"He did not accomplish much as president"

Again is that what you feel? Is that what you have been told? Are there any facts to back up your logical assumption? When I google "what did Obama accomplish?", the list is very long. You might not agree with whether or not the accomplishment was a good idea but the list is very long. So just based on a very basic review of the facts your statement proves untrue. Can you provide some fact/facts to support your statement that may change my mind?

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
GromsDad said:
How about this. No more health insurance. Everything is paid for out of pocket on a time and materials basis based on $250 an hour for surgeries and doctors time $150 an hour for nurse's time with time blocks broken into 15 minute increments and hospital bed space based on $250 per day.
Sounds good. But hospitals and doctors will no longer be rich. You stumbled into the heart of the problem with health care and it isn't the insurance companies.