5 Guys

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
You can walk into any random bar and get a better burger for cheaper
Heh. You just gave me a flashback memory of my dad taking me to zeitgeist (in the mission SF) when I was around 16. Told me to act like I owned the place and the burger is whats up.

I took him a little too seriously and walked up to the bar and ordered a water. Was promptly kicked out but they let me collect my burger albeit I ate it on the curb out front.

is zeitgeist still around and cool?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
No.. and I'm still waiting.

I hope it's better than a Club Femme Nu burger.
Ngl ive had some excellent meals at many a gentleman’s club entertaining “clients and prospective customers”. The trick like most places is knowing what to order

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I like medium rare but not too rare like above. I stopped at a cool bar in Borrego Springs yesterday and ordered a medium rare burger and it looked rare. Was still good but definitely too rare.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Locally, the best burger take out is The Habit and Foster's Freeze. I like a good old fashion burger with meat, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle. I don't need bacon, jalapeño cheese sauce, chili, or pepper jack crap. Just give me a tasty grilled burger the way God meant it to be. :bowdown:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Locally, the best burger take out is The Habit and Foster's Freeze. I like a good old fashion burger with meat, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle. I don't need bacon, jalapeño cheese sauce, chili, or pepper jack crap. Just give me a tasty grilled burger the way God meant it to be. :bowdown:
I loved fosters freeze as a kid. In fact, it's still there today but man I haven't been there in probably 30 years.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I like medium rare but not too rare like above. I stopped at a cool bar in Borrego Springs yesterday and ordered a medium rare burger and it looked rare. Was still good but definitely too rare.
I find with burgers you have to order one step more cooked than what you actually want because they tend to be undercooked.

With steak it's the opposite if it's from a place that doesn't know what they're doing (in which case you shouldn't be ordering a steak from them, but I digress).