5 Guys

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Last June my wife and I were in the airport at San Jose DC waiting for our flight home and we felt a little hungry.
We head over to the Carl's Jr. counter and order one cheeseburger (we were going to share), one small order of fries and 2 small drinks.
Girl at the register says "that's $34.00."
I said "Fvck that!" and we left.
We shared some nuts and water we had in our carry-on :foreheadslap:

BTW, the best burger we've eaten is at the Parkfield Diner ($12.00) made from local grass-fed beef from the V-6 ranch close by.
Well worth the price:jamon:
The worst is Phoenix.

I'm not sure if it was just the terminal we were in (which was huge) but basically it was all sit down dining or take out from the sit down places - minimum $20 plate.

So we decided f-ck this, we'll just get a prepackaged sh!t sandwich from the news store.

The restaurants were one step ahead - they had their sandwich items prepackaged at the newsstands for the the same price as the sit down menu.

Very clever.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The worst is Phoenix.

I'm not sure if it was just the terminal we were in (which was huge) but basically it was all sit down dining or take out from the sit down places - minimum $20 plate.

So we decided f-ck this, we'll just get a prepackaged sh!t sandwich from the news store.

The restaurants were one step ahead - they had their sandwich items prepackaged at the newsstands for the the same price as the sit down menu.

Very clever.
You are such a Jew.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
i remember buying five hamburgers for $1.00 at Dairy Queen on Kauai. Def showing my age.
"White Castle is an American regional hamburger restaurant chain with 345 locations across 13 states, with its greatest presence in the Midwest and New York metropolitan area. Founded on September 13, 1921, in Wichita, Kansas, it has been generally credited as the world's first fast-food hamburger chain . . . The burgers were initially priced at five cents until 1929 and remained at 10 cents until 1949. In the 1940s, White Castle periodically ran promotional ads in local newspapers which contained coupons offering five burgers for ten cents, takeout only."

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I ate at a 5 Guys once, it was good but my cholesterol has never been the same since.

Personally I prefer the Albacore Sandwich at the Hamburger Habit.

Reactions: keenfish

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I like Burger Lounge. Glad I have one close by.

But if I want to go dirty I go to TK burger down by the pier. That is a glorious gut bomb.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Am I the only one who’s getting over this whole smash burger trend?

The other day I had an Oklahoma smash burger at a spot on Beverly called “burger she wrote” . While I totally enjoyed it I’m starting to miss a good ole thick hand packed patty that’s got a good char on it while being rare in the middle.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I like it. Delicious burger. obscene amount of really good fries. Not life changing but pretty good nonetheless. I don't remember it being over 10 dollars though.

But prices overall have gone up, you won't pay much less than that for eating at McDonalds even nowadays, if I'm around I'll go to 5 guys at least once 100%.

Reactions: hugh shackman