3.1/2 year sentence for 1/6 rioter who punched a cop in the face.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Seems fair to me.

A federal judge on Wednesday imposed the most serious sentence yet in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, ordering a New Jersey man to serve almost three-and-a-half years in prison for punching a police officer in the face during the melee.

Reactions: afoaf and sirfun

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He deserves a gratuitous 2 years just for complaining about non-organic food in prison.
Yes and if he's sentenced for that it would be sweet lulzy justice.

But going after this deluded moron above/beyond as a symbol for what appears to a first-time offense he plead guilty to in the interest of making an example out of him....

There's way, way, way bigger fish to fry there.

Reactions: afoaf and Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yes and if he's sentenced for that it would be sweet lulzy justice.

But going after this deluded moron above/beyond as a symbol for what appears to a first-time offense he plead guilty to in the interest of making an example out of him....

There's way, way, way bigger fish to fry there.
Go after the people who spun them up and tried to actively overturn the election - make Draco cringe. The people behind the Reichstag, not the retard they implicated. In this case, retards - they should get a little slap on the wrist or at least a couple concussions to knock some sense into them.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm not even clear if ifallalot thinks the sentence(s) I wrote is overboard, if the sentence the prosecution wants is overboard, or if the sentence the DoJ wants is overboard.

Can we all agree on what we're disagreeing about first?

Reactions: GDaddy and afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm not even clear if ifallalot thinks the sentence(s) I wrote is overboard, if the sentence the prosecution wants is overboard, or if the sentence the DoJ wants is overboard.

Can we all agree on what we're disagreeing about first?
I quoted the wrong post

I am referring to the title of the thread