2023 El Nino

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
i am so sick of el nino
ive surfed less this winter than any previous winter in decades
so many crappy days
2 great days with 200 guys at the only surfable spots
I have only surfed a handful of times since Thanksgiving. Did not help I was gone the month of Jan but December was flat. Worst December in history. February had some good days but March has also been a bust.

centrlcoastkook

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 2, 2002
Wasn't it Strawkins who got into epic debates with Surfdog about El Nino? It was entertaining and I learned quite a bit.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
i am so sick of el nino
ive surfed less this winter than any previous winter in decades
so many crappy days
2 great days with 200 guys at the only surfable spots
???

I had a great winter. But it's only my second since reitiring and having all the mid week mid day sessions makes a huge difference in perception...soloing head high with a little texture beats battling 50 for overhead and glassy...

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Santa Monica to Pt. Conception, west is best. SD is more of a northwest kind of town.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
First drought started around '85 to '92 and remember I was waiting to use single phone in hotel/cabinas very South East of the border. I look up to tv and on international news show idiots swimming under castillo off ramp:barf:
Yep, and the chick in the video was my little sister. The knucklehead was sick for two weeks after that. And got staph infection. :foreheadslap:

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Yep, and the chick in the video was my little sister. The knucklehead was sick for two weeks after that. And got staph infection. :foreheadslap:
I remember that day, that underpass water had to have been disgusting. Those people were idiots.

A guy I know took his Nikonos and put on his wetsuit and got on his mountain bike and cruised around town and got all kinds of cool shots. Pre-digital so they're prob all lost by now.