1987 Volkswagen Vanagon Syncro Westfalia Weekender FOR SALE ON EBAY!!!!

Feb 8, 2006
FOR SALE ON EBAY!!! ITEM # 4611738410

Vehicle Description

1987 Volkswagen Vanagon Syncro Westfalia Weekender. 93,000 Miles. Beautiful Condition inside and out. All wheel drive with a locking rear differential. 2.1 Liter engine runs great. 4 speed manual transmission with additional extra low gear. Locking Rear Differential is engaged with a knob pictured underneath the stereo. Tires were new at 63,000 miles and have about another 30,000 miles of tread. Brand new spare tire that matches the vans current tires. New Panasonic CD/MP3 Stereo with removable face plate installed with 4 infinity speakers ( two 6 inch and two rear 5 inch) and remote control. Complete service periodically done. Custom waterproof seat covers on front seats including custom armrest covers. Rear seats and jump seat have custom water resistant covers. Never smoked in or had pets. All upholstery underneath seat covers is in excellent condition with no rips wear or tears or stains as seen in pictures with and without the seat covers. All Carpeting is in excellent condition with no stains or tears. All interior is in excellent condition with no flaws except for a small tear on the right side of the sliding door siding which is very typical for vanagons and pictured in the photos. Rear flooring is plastic covered and easy to sweep and wipe down. Pop top is in excellent condition with one small patch on the tent. I replaced the screens on the pop-top tent with noseeum netting and the side window screens have also been replaced with noseeum netting. Includes Rear Hatch screen and Front windshield curtain. Pop-top has a Skylight installed. All cabinets and the foldout table are in excellent condition. Lots of storage space. Rear seat folds out to bed and there is a folding bed located in the camper top so it sleeps 4 comfortably. The Jump seat Folds up and can be used for storage. The rear seat also folds up and includes a large space for storage. Includes Fire Extinguisher mounted above driver and passenger seat. The auxiliary battery under the driver’s seat has been upgraded to a 12 volt Dual Pro LS 2700deep cycle battery that can be charged and discharged completely without damaging the battery valued at $200.00 and installed last summer. The battery and outlets were used to run a 12V cooler on extended camping trips. Auxiliary battery power outlet has been upgraded to a three socket adapter. Rattler alarm system installed with two controls. Van was repainted at 58,000 miles. The paint is in excellent condition except for some minor seam rust that was removed, treated and painted on a couple of the rear body seams and one spot of rust that was repaired and repainted under the left rear window. No body damage or damage history to body or frame. Almost new Yakima roof racks with Megawarrior safari rack NOT INCLUDED with sale of the vehicle. I will include the rack for an additional $400.00 which is $150.00 less than recently paid. Muffler replaced 9 months ago. Exhaust piping exterior is rusted but solid with no holes or leaks. Engine is in good condition with no leaks or strange noises. The van failed a smog test last August due to the third cylinders valve not sealing completely when at idle. All the valves were given a recent adjustment and the van passed its last smog check. The transmission is in excellent condition. The clutch shifts smoothly. I have a spare set of belts for the alternator and water pump that are included in the sale. I installed a solar battery charger that sits on top of the vans dash to keep the battery charged when parked for long periods of time and to keep the stereo running while camping however its not permanently screwed or bolted and can easily be removed. Front and rear windshield wipers work perfectly however the front washer fluid works intermittently when the control is pressed. Small crack on 1 wheel cover that has been mended well and hardly noticeable. No Accident History and Clean Title. The van has also appeared in two Surf films titled Change the Subject and Postcard Thoroughfare. I’ve taken excellent care of this van and put a lot of time and energy into it. I will be very sad to see it go. Feel free to ask any questions or request a personal viewing of the van email me at lukas4405@hotmail.com with your requests