“O.J. Done

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Did any of erBBers know Nicole - 'cause didn't she live in S OC? Tom Servais told me years back that he went out with her at least once. He said she was way, way out of his league.
Rickoray, @San Gabriel Valley local (aka Big Ball of Brown) and I went to high school with Tanya the youngest of the 4 sisters. I went to a high school party at the brown's house, which is at Monarch Beach in Dana Point. When I worked for Hobie's I saw OJ and Nicole at the shop one time, I guess they would come in quite a few times. As the trial went on Denise, the oldest sister, would bring OJ and Nicole's two kids into the shop a bunch. I saw them a half dozen times, very cute and nice kids. I thought the daughter would have grown up to be a model, I was wrong. I think the kids were better off with the Browns.

SGVL might have some good stories, he always seems to remember way more than me. Also Rickoray would too, but unfortunately he's dealing with more important things.

edit.... forgot there were 4 sisters

Last edited:

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
OK, if somebody sends you a link to a San Francisco Chronicle article about OJ confessing on his deathbed?

Don't open it.
i missed that guy, glad to see his legend lives on. the covid period was his zenith

Edit—I may get banned for this, but here’s my personal favorite of his body of work. Video version is better with music, but here’s the gif:
IMG_7196.gif

Last edited:

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Sad all the way around. RIP Nicole and Ron. Don't know much about OJ besides his football but my friend was working bell desk at the Ritz Carlton Mauna Lani back in the ealry 90s. Said OJ came in one night with two beautiful women on his arms. Said he was the man, all charismatic with his big OJ smile. Crazy and sad how his good life turned out.

Last edited:

San Gabriel Valley local

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2002
San Gabriel Valley, CA
SGVL might have some good stories, he always seems to remember way more than me. Also Rickoray would too, but unfortunately he's dealing with more important things.
@caelho No first hand stories from back in the day other than I saw O.J. once at a DHHS football game. But here are some O.J. related fun facts:

-- My brother in law was living in an apartment on Bundy at the time of the murders, in the same apartment building as screenwriter Pablo Fenjves who testified at OJ's criminal trial about hearing Nicole Simpson's akita's "plaintive wail" thus helping to establish the time of the murders​
-- One of our former DHHS classmates who used to surf with us at Salt Creek, Stew Tanner, worked at Mezzaluna with Ron Goldman and was supposed to meet Goldman at a Mexican restaurant in Marina del Rey the night he was murdered (see LA Times article here)​

• -- My brother in law used to be a public defender and tried multiple cases before Judge Ito. When I got married and moved from SF to LA in '97, I observed one of the trials and Ito was instructing the jury about presumptions of innocence etc. when a Japanese tour group with about 20 people came into the courtroom, they were completely star struck and Ito rolled his eyes like oh no not this again lol.​
      • -- A friend from college was the videographer for OJ's deposition in the civil case​
      • -- Another friend from college was randomly riding a ski lift with Nicole Simpson once and before they got to the top they were already making out

• -- When my brother in law was appointed as a judge in 2010 Ito did the swearing in at LA City Hall (L-R brother in law, wife, Ito SGVL):
      • Ito.jpg
Thinking good thoughts about Rickoray

Last edited: