Search results

1. J

Mentawais weather in July

Hey all, has anyone been to the Mentawais in July or August? I know there will be swell, that's not the issue. I was thinking my wife and I would stay at the Kandui Villas, so nice accommodations shouldn't be a problem. My main concern is the weather for my wife. I don't want to bring her on a...
  2. J

Learning the basics?

So here's the deal. I'd really like to try out foiling. One of the most common things I hear is that learning to foil behind a boat is the fastest way to learn the basics. I don't have any friends with a boat, though. And I don't know where to rent a foil. And the logistics of that whole...
  3. J

How do you deal with pure stupidity in the water?

here's the situation. it's waist high, very mediocre surf. guy is going for a wave. I know he's not gonna make it around the section. I start to paddle for it, but he calls me off the wave. I figure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm careful not to let my wake cause the wave to crumble...
  4. J

Long Term Surf Injuries

They're so shitty. But I'm really the only one to blame. Basically, I've had ankle issues (on my left ankle, I'm goofy so it's my back foot) for probably 5 years. Nothing serious. Just minor annoyances. This finally caught up to me in early 2020. I surfed through it like always, but right around...
  5. J

Maldives in May

I thought I posted this a few days ago but I can't seem to find the thread anywhere. So here it is again 1. Any suggestions on when to go and what kinds of waves to expect? I was thinking early May. 2. How's the weather in early May? Can I expect the days to be pretty sunny? The reason I ask...