Search results

1. H

Post your Foil Pics HERE

LoL glad he's doing well.
  2. H

Post your Foil Pics HERE

Having a local shop with foil gear in stock is so awesome.... and so dangerous. Increases the threat of impulse buys x1000..
  3. H

Leash for foil

It definitely happens but is somewhat a rare day where there's enough wind that fills in the entire channel sufficiently to keep foiling all the way across. That mostly happens with frontal winds associated with storms. Prevailing NW winds are poor direction for that particular race course. The...
  4. H

Best foil for you.

looks pretty fast- like your pumping faster than you were riding the wave.
  5. H

Best foil for you.

In spite of hearing guys rave reviews, seeing the speed/glide on the Lift 170HA.... I went ahead and ordered myself a 200HA a few days ago. Realistically- I'm closer to a clydesdale than a quarterhorse- At 205lbs dry on land, I've got probably minimum 25 lbs on most riding it. I am buying it w/...
  6. H

Barrel Nut size/replacement

Was a while ago now- but I started w/ a used GoFoil with the same issue. I called GoFoil and they dropped a few in the mail for me. Took a few times to get someone on the line.
  7. H

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

The only way to save money is buying good stuff used. You try to save money by going cheap on new equipment and you.... get what you paid for- end up wasting lots of time effort and money buying twice... correcting course after flailing on stuff with inferior design and build quality. I've...
  8. H

Best foil for you.

BINGO That is kind of my assumption w/ the new razor thin AXIS 810, 890... that they’llBe fun and fast, but have no bottom end, easily stall out... definitely an issue w/ my 90kg And mushy local conditions. I love the speed of high aspect, but really enjoy. surfing/turning. Probably all of the...
  9. H

Best foil for you.

Ey frenchfoidler and Hdip- Thanks! I look for ward to hearing both of your feedback. I’ve only got so many bullets in the gun when it comes to switching up gear....I’m ready for a change, but need to be careful before I leap. I’ll have to check out that progression project. I normally listen...
  10. H

Best foil for you.

I’m mostly on a axis 900... Have become Luke-warm on it. Some days I love it...others..... eh. Maybe the coming attractions from axis will be the sh*t? What I’d really like is to still my wandering eyes- settle in on one foil. The price is steep for me right now, but... I’ve had my eyes on the...
  11. H

Best foil for you.

New wings are coming fast and furious. With the difference small tweaks can make in foiling- it is tempting/easy for me to think a change can bring a shortcut to a breakthrough... rather than time building skills. I’m on axis and am looking forward to the new BSC black series... 880and 810. But...
  12. H

Efoil vs jetski for complete beginner

The price of entry into foiling was a shock as is the arms war... Not long ago I was.... What!?! $1500.00 for a foil? $900.00 for a board you say? You kidding me?! Ouuch... OK... guess my daughter will understand... maybe she can go to junior college... I wanna... I gotta foil! Wait...
  13. H

Best foil for you.

Is there anything other than the obvious: length, weight/swing weight and stiffness that effects performance? At present- my main focus/aim is to find the shortest, lightest board I can that still paddles into waves well.
  14. H

100% Wing Foiling Now

Right on Cowboy. I have a green 6.0 Ozone Wasp. Maybe head to Belmont tomorrow if there's wind- or get one in on the new proner. Wishing I had a bigger SUP foil board than my 5-11 to get me through the first bit of learning but will make due with what I have and gut it out rather than drop the...
  15. H

Dropping down in board size

Thanks! That helps. I've got a custom 4-6 shaped by Steve Ford / ford Surfboards in Carlsbad/S.D. Pretty psyched how it turned out. Nice to know you've got your 900 all the way back as well and it's not a matter of me not being used to a shorter board. My one time on the new board I went out...
  16. H

I'm on Axis. Would love to try the new HA 910.... am currently on the 900 w/ 390 stab. May try shimming it for less lift or pair it w/ 370 next time. I also own the flat 460 stab and a 400 I never use which I am considering chopping. More than anything I know I need more water-time on the...
  17. H

5mm can be brutal. Mummified. I'm 3/2 in the winter here (So Cal)- thankfully trunking it currently. My 4-6 is the same volume- 45L as my 5'. There is a difference in paddling, but it is not huge as I would have thought- mostly notice on the paddle back out rather than catching waves. After...
  18. H

100% Wing Foiling Now

I'm in the same place as you geographically/SoCal and w/ learning. 2 sessions in. Really need to go somewhere w/ consistent wind to string together a bunch of days but....... meantime I am thinking Belmont is the call. Maybe see you there and share in our humbling.
  19. H

Just made the move from a 5' board to a 4-6. I'm 195 lbs. Dang- knew there'd be a big difference- but shocked how much the board disappears- how much less lift is needed, the turns. I went from having the mast 1/2" from all the way forward to... after some trial and error/catapults... almost all...