Search results

1. C

YOLO ALERTS

Neither, I'm in Cologne. Dutch North Sea is actually closer than German North Sea. I did the math on the maldives ride report, unfortunately it's not 3 surfs every week but an average of 3 surfs a week via taking a lot of time off and surfing as much as humanly possible during the holidays...
  2. C

YOLO ALERTS

Precious 5'11 x 19 3/4 x 2 7/16 Astro 5'7 x 20 5/8 x 2 5/8 Great built quality. Girly colours I know.... Step deck on the precious is a trip, and we'll see how long the pad stays on for lol. Astro feels really really fun. Will be another few weeks before I'll get to surf them unfortunately.
  3. C

Various ride reports

If you're on a charter boat or a resort island Allah doesn't seem to mind, no booze on the regular islands though.
  4. C

Various ride reports

I get 6 weeks of holidays plus another 4-6 weeks as compensation for working overtime. That's between 100-150 sessions, plus the odd day trip to NL. Still sucks though, I'll be landlocked for the next 2-3 months. On the bright side, I'm always hungry and don't take any sessions for granted.
  5. C

Various ride reports

I paid 75 usd/night for half board, plus 10-20 bucks a day for boat transfers. Certainly not the cheapest trip ever, but usd/wave was insane. We had 3 lay days, the pic of the cali twin was the worst conditions I've surfed in. The lack of post surf cervezas was a bit disturbing though haha.
  6. C

Various ride reports

I've just spent 5 weeks in the maldives. We scored some pretty fun little swells and I thought I'd give you degenerates a ride report of the boards I was bringing. I'm 6'2 at 195lbs, 36 years old and identify as a male. Dadbod, but reasonable fitness level still and have been surfing for about...
  7. C

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

8. C

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

I'm having a bit of a hard time with this brand. Might be an age thing :shrug: But the stuff looks generic, volcom, former etc. have done similar designs with anti-establishment vibes, but easier on the eyes. The claim is to be a core brand, with shots being fired not only at ABG brands but...
  9. C

TC Sinner?

I'm currently riding a cali twin which feels a bit wide yet undervolumed. The twin plugs are rather far forward so I'm not really loving it as a straight twin. The sinner is pretty narrow for how chubby she is, and the plugs seem to be further back, so two issues solved. Intended use would be...
  10. C

TC Sinner?

Has anybody ridden one? Not much info on the interwebs. I could get my hands on a second hand one at a very reasonable price, but I would love to hear how it works in smallish waves first.
  11. C

Varial RIP

We all know that's not true.
  12. C

YOLO ALERTS

Sweet boar! If you happen to have some h4s give them a go, I've had great success with them. Didn't care for the ams, they felt a bit unpredictable. Mf more betta, but a tad stiff.
  13. C

*** Official Fin Thread ***

I'm sure it's designed around it, think it's more of a personal fin setup preference / or muscle memory even maybe
  14. C

Pyzel Precious

Skip to about 8:25 for some precious action in relatable waves. Looks fast and loose. @seppel comparison to pyzalien will be provided in about 4 weeks
  15. C

*** Official Fin Thread ***

I'm in the same boat as you, recently got a cali twin and haven been struggling with fins a bit. MRs feel fine but not magic, MF feel ok, power twins too stiff, BMTs (twin only) way too loose. I think I'm more of a twin than a 2+1 guy.... Have been debating whether to get a set of AMKs, now I...
  16. C

Sub Driver 2.0

FCS tokoros went great. Mine was swallow though. Got to order another one, epic board...
  17. C

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Postcards from the maldives....board is a pyzalien 2, set up as quad (has been swapped for a wills fish since). Had some really fun surfs last week. Couldn't really surf my brains out unfortunately as I had a tonsillitis and was on antibiotics. Tonsillitis no.4 this winter, got to have the...
  18. C

YOLO ALERTS

Yay or nay?
  19. C

YOLO ALERTS

It's the 5'9 one, my 6'2 195. Fits like a glove. Came with the lovelace fins. Aye aye, I'll rip it off :)