Search results

1. R

Filipe Toledo - "food poisoning"

It’s a strange one as Felipe has made the quarters of 2 pipe contests and the semis of Chopes in previous years . He may well go on and do well at these locations in the future ? Felipe would do well by employing the likes of Billy Kemper , there are many many talented Hawaiian watermen to...
  2. R

*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

WSL …..We want to see CT ……END at pipe as well as start at pipe . The contest format of ending at Trestles will be the downfall of WSL . just my 2c Best surfers in the best waves
  3. R

I kitesurf and foil also , GW sightings pretty much every month . Last attack about 6 months...

I kitesurf and foil also , GW sightings pretty much every month . Last attack about 6 months ago. you got to surf
  4. R

south west Oz ….reef breaks with warm water …but GW about . I get over to Kernow every yr to...

south west Oz ….reef breaks with warm water …but GW about . I get over to Kernow every yr to see family and friends in Nqy.
  5. R

Spent a lot of the eighties surfing there . Both sons born west Pentire

Spent a lot of the eighties surfing there . Both sons born west Pentire
  6. R

kernow ?

kernow ?
  7. R

Foot inflammation…Plantar Fasciitis

So stretching seems to be slowly slowly working . Got some HOKA sports shoes that are suited for my big wide feet with high arches . Also not forgetting to stretch the other foot / calf in case lightning strikes twice .
  8. R

What a help thanks lads , I owe you all a set wave
  9. R

Thanks Been a lifetime of flip flops , bare feet and yes cstreet, it does seem to ease the pain when wearing quality Gym shoes . It’s been hurting for 9 weeks now but zero swelling . I am not overweight and reasonably fit 62 yrs young ! Had a nice solid beach break surf today .
  10. R

Hi all have been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis for a while and does not seem to be improving. unbelievably I can surf and not feel a thing but walking is a constant reminder of the issue . All tips and knowledge is appreciated. ruds
  11. R

Bali late october

Just got back from 3 weeks on the east coast . 18 th visit over the years . quite shocked at the construction around the Bukit and Russian accents everywhere. kite surfing and foiling on the east coast , shot over for a decent swell at impossibles mid tide double o head joy . you will get waves...
  12. R

wsl 2024 schedule

Has the WSL not got the message …….. WORLDS BEST SURFERS IN THE BEST WAVES Be bold and completely change the locations to the BEST on earth * The only thing they have done which makes sense is the CUT . The judging needs an overhaul with modern technology invoveld . Multiple angles of...
  13. R

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

Good morning Sponge Yes you are correct 1990 …and I think the quote was from Tom Curren . You could hear the swell through the night prior to the big day and it was reckoned to be the biggest surf for a surf comp in Aus history ….bigger than Bells in the 80s . I surfed at injidup point up the...
  14. R

Tow foiling

Absolutely Maz ….always adhered to wise words .
  15. R

Tow foiling

A few of us old guys going to tow foil outer reefs that are empty . Rarely surfed spots well away from peeps . we will only be at reefs with zero humans in the line up . we have a sled , floating tow rope . Any words of wisdom from the foiling crew .