*** Official Fin Thread ***

Jan 3, 2024
I don’t know twinzers but if he messed up the boxes, I’d be surprised if they were placed correctly to use the futures canards. Seems like Twinzer bros are pretty specific about “Jobson” placement. If not, I would have him remake it to what you ordered. If they are, I would have him replace the rear boxes. If not him, your best ding repair guy could probably do it.
just my 2 cents.
Hanelei fins offers the option of shallow or deep futures boxes when you order! Placed an order with Robin and he emailed me directly about them.

Hanalei stuff looks weird but they work and Robin has excellent customer service

Only shallow futures box twins I could find online

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hanelei fins offers the option of shallow or deep futures boxes when you order! Placed an order with Robin and he emailed me directly about them.

Hanalei stuff looks weird but they work and Robin has excellent customer service

Only shallow futures box twins I could find online
Just out of curiosity, can you show a pic of the 5-fin setup on the boar?

Jan 3, 2024
Just out of curiosity, can you show a pic of the 5-fin setup on the boar?
Keep in mind I'm not a twinzer bro by any means, but figured it would be fun to have a go since I like fucking with fin combos. First foray into it. I could also go twin plus trailer given that the front two boxes are deep and so are the TA twins I have.

Attachments

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Keep in mind I'm not a twinzer bro by any means, but figured it would be fun to have a go since I like fucking with fin combos. First foray into it. I could also go twin plus trailer given that the front two boxes are deep and so are the TA twins I have.
That wants a quad IMO. Twin plus training wheel always worth a try. Keep us posted

Jan 3, 2024
That wants a quad IMO. Twin plus training wheel always worth a try. Keep us posted
Yeah I asked him to cluster the boxes in a way that could accommodate thruster and twinzer if possible. Never surfed quads all that well. Will keep da erbb posted once OB onshores fuck off

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Hope those boxes are glassed in good.
Been running Hess keels on my (heavily glassed) 7’2 Townsend (haven’t really ridden it in anything big though) and BMTs in the 6’6 with no issues…

…so far.

These True Ames look very similar to the BMTs. According to the dims given the BMTs have more base but both are same height.

Should be here today so will compare soon.