Can we talk about Kristi Noem shooting her dog?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
(The Hill) – South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) in a forthcoming book describes shooting a family dog after a hunting trip, according to a report in The Guardian, which obtained a copy of the book, “No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward.”

In the book, Noem, who has been discussed as a possible running mate for former President Trump, describes growing angry with the nearly 14-month-old “Cricket,” a wirehaired pointer, during a hunting trip.

Noem shot the dog after taking it on a pheasant hunt.

She writes that she had taken Cricket on the hunt hoping she would learn from older dogs, but that instead the younger dog ruined the hunt by “chasing all those birds and having the time of her life,” per the Guardian.

On the way home, the dog escaped her truck and attacked a local family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another,” Noem wrote.

When Noem tried to grab the dog, she wrote that it whipped around to bite her. Noem said she wrote the family a check for their chickens and helped them dispose of the carcasses “littering the scene of the crime.”

“I hated that dog,” she wrote, adding that Cricket was untrainable, dangerous and worthless as a hunting dog.

“At that moment,” Noem wrote, “I realized I had to put her down.”

She then led Cricket to a gravel pit on her property and shot it, writing it was “not a pleasant job” but it “had to be done.”

Noem wrote that she also then killed a “nasty and mean” male goat that smelled and liked to chase her children. Because it jumped when she first shot at the goat, she needed two shots to “put him down.”

The Guardian wrote that the story was told as an anecdote to show that Noem believes sometimes difficult tasks must be carried out, and that she is not afraid to do so. Noem uses the story to illustrate that she is willing to do anything “difficult, messy and ugly” if it simply needs to be done, according to The Guardian.

Noem also wrote that she realized that a construction crew watched her kill both animals, but the workers got back to work before a school bus dropped off her kids.

When her daughter arrived, Noem writes in the book that she looked around, confused, asking where Cricket was.

“I guess if I were a better politician I wouldn’t tell the story here,” Noem wrote.

When The Hill contacted Noem’s office to ask about the report, it pointed to a tweet from her personal account.

In the tweet, Noem appeared to confirm the story and said there would be more politically incorrect stories in her book.

“We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm. Sadly, we just had to put down 3 horses a few weeks ago that had been in our family for 25 years. If you want more real, honest, and politically INcorrect stories that’ll have the media gasping, preorder ‘No Going Back,’ she wrote.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better outing it now, than letting the MSM twist and spin later.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"When her daughter arrived, Noem writes in the book that she looked around, confused, asking where Cricket was."

Cricket was a family pet. The governor of s dakota, some bitch MAGA sweet and delicious bag of sugar whom you support, shot the dog to death. You good with that you demented asshole?

Reactions: hal9000

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Never mind, I see what you wrote Surfdog-

"I don't give a ratz ass..."

El Ofro should be around any minute to defend you

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
"When her daughter arrived, Noem writes in the book that she looked around, confused, asking where Cricket was."

Cricket was a family pet. The governor of s dakota, some bitch MAGA sweet and delicious bag of sugar whom you support, shot the dog to death. You good with that you demented asshole?
Life on a wide open ranch or farm makes for tough choices on animals sometimes. Harsh, yes.

Ya, she could've given the dog to someone else to re-train or maintain. But, if it attacked them, then what?

I guess it's OK since Biden let his dog bite Secret Service agents 22 times before being sent elsewhere.

We don't know the entire story of this dogs behavior. If it was a pitbull, many might have different feelz, even though pits are some of the best dogs.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

there is definitely abuse in that household

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Life on a wide open ranch or farm makes for tough choices on animals sometimes. Harsh, yes.

Ya, she could've given the dog to someone else to re-train or maintain. But, if it attacked them, then what?

I guess it's OK since Biden let his dog bite Secret Service agents 22 times before being sent elsewhere.

We don't know the entire story of this dogs behavior. If it was a pitbull, many might have different feelz, even though pits are some of the best dogs.
man you suck. no one will defend you.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I don't give a ratz ass about Kristi if she's VP pick or not.

Just had to look up the real story, that most Dems never bother to.
The real story makes her look worse than if she was acting out of passion. If it actually happened as it was written, she cooly made bad choices one after another. And that is supposed to tell us she can make difficult decisions and act on them.
fuckher.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Never mind, I see what you wrote Surfdog-

"I don't give a ratz ass..."

El Ofro should be around any minute to defend you
Thanks for the rent free confirmation. Dr., heal thyself. And reread the thread.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

Wow, you hit a new low for the errb history here.

An apologist for shooting a dog.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
The real story makes her look worse than if she was acting out of passion. If it actually happened as it was written, she cooly made bad choices one after another. And that is supposed to tell us she can make difficult decisions and act on them.
A dramatic foreshadowing for the Vice President !! )