Dog lovers - i get it now

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Dog ownership is great but there is a dark side that I call tragedy of the dog sh!t commons

It smell like urine in front of my house from all the people walking their dogs.

Never forget!

And no dogs in Lowes.
In my neighborhood feral cat sh!t is a much bigger problem. They sh!t all over my front lawn and recently started using the potted lime tree on my patio as a litter box. Dog sh!t just smells like sh!t. Feral cat sh!t smells like sh!t blended with halitosis :barf: If I miss picking it up and hit it with the lawnmower forget it.

• Wow
Reactions: john4surf

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Red somehow lost a nail the other day fetching. He keeps licking it but it seems to be doing okay.

Anyone have experience with this sort of injury?

View attachment 175219
try to keep but clean and keep the licking down. They sell bitter medical tape but it was not even an annoyance for him to remove it. Went to the neck cone and he got that off in 5 minutes while he was alone. Found him with it next to him with a disgusted look of try harder jerk on his face.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's only gross if you don't clean up after it.
There is astro turf on the sidewalk next to my place.

After it rains it smells of urine.

Lots of people don't pick up their sh!t around here.

Also, you pick up the sh!t there is still some sh!t on the ground.

Tradgedy of the dog sh!t commons. :dancing:

I guess it's not so gross when it's your dog's sh!t?

• Haha
Reactions: Hump and john4surf

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

I'm gonna have to deal with everyone's sh!t (and street dogs sh!t) anyway, might as well have a puppy of my own.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Riding the bike through the GG Panhandle on an early Saturday morning and the wind is barely there with the fog, the scent of the urban park goes like this:

damp pavement, decaying leaf litter, non-catalytic car exhaust, jogging gal with perfume, hobo B.O., human pee, vomit, eucalyptus, salt brine on the fog, vomit, dog poo, diesel car, jogger with soap scent, vanilla?, eucalyptus, human pee, dog pee, excrement of unknown type, bacon, muscle car with catalytic converter not hot enough to work properly, health human sweat, donuts, dog poo, dog wee, wet dog, mix of male and female jogger sweat, human pee, mj smoke, stale beer, ammonia (bad kidneys?), Pine Sol, eucalyptus, dog pee, dog pee, excrement of unknown type, dog pee, diesel exhaust, bread toasting, dog pee, walkers with coffee, human pee, etc.

I guess out of all that, top 3 I could do without: the combustion scents, then the hobo B.O., then bread being toasting...last one makes me hungry and want to stop for a baked treat, which then leads to the planned bake treat stop far less motivating.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Riding the bike through the GG Panhandle on an early Saturday morning and the wind is barely there with the fog, the scent of the urban park goes like this:

damp pavement, decaying leaf litter, non-catalytic car exhaust, jogging gal with perfume, hobo B.O., human pee, vomit, eucalyptus, salt brine on the fog, vomit, dog poo, diesel car, jogger with soap scent, vanilla?, eucalyptus, human pee, dog pee, excrement of unknown type, bacon, muscle car with catalytic converter not hot enough to work properly, health human sweat, donuts, dog poo, dog wee, wet dog, mix of male and female jogger sweat, human pee, mj smoke, stale beer, ammonia (bad kidneys?), Pine Sol, eucalyptus, dog pee, dog pee, excrement of unknown type, dog pee, diesel exhaust, bread toasting, dog pee, walkers with coffee, human pee, etc.

I guess out of all that, top 3 I could do without: the combustion scents, then the hobo B.O., then bread being toasting...last one makes me hungry and want to stop for a baked treat, which then leads to the planned bake treat stop far less motivating.
That is good cataloguing. That is one of my weaknesses as a writer.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001

Eucalyptus is a good one. I love when a thick fog rolls through and you get a light rain effect as it condenses on and rolls off of the oily leaves. That was a common early morning UCSD thing.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Beautiful eyes, beautiful pup…. Terrier related?
Thanks!!

All I know is both mother and father are dogs. Scratch that, I know the mother is a dog... I'm just assuming the father is too. :roflmao:

I saw the mom, I thought the same thing... maybe somewhere along the line a terrier popped up... or not. I may have a picture, let's see...

Here, grabbed a screenshot from a video. Someone adopted her along with another one of the puppies :bowdown:

1710792976344.png

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
@estreet -

One of our dogs has a hotspot on her right leg that she will NOT leave alone. I found these neoprene/fabric "sleeves" that can be used on either leg, and it wraps around her body and velcro's at the top. Works perfectly. I'm sure they have them with the "feet/socks" included to for injuries on the feet.

She doesn't seem to mind it at all, in fact I think she kinda likes the soft neoprene wrap around her body. Kind of like one of those "anti-anxiety" vests.

Silly picture, but it's the only one I have where you can see the sleeve.

View attachment 175236
We got a sleeve but he’d get it off the instant we turned our back to him. He finally stopped licking it the last couple of days and, fortunately, it didn’t get infected. The nail shows no sign of returning though. :cautious:

IMG_1142.jpeg