Anti drowning modification for wetsuit shirt

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Having your arms pinned over your head and a rash guard in your face preventing you from breathing while being rolled by sets is truly a unique pleasure.

1/7
when being rolled by large breakers, i generally hold my breath and relax

btw now that you are kiddie pool local and soft point slut, must i remind you that sc is still not cold sharky norcal where we have no need for pretty little rash guards

and yeah the little string thingy. simpler. cheaper. better

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
This is the spot and day it happened to me
one of those tight oneill longsleeves pulled over my head during a bail.
Could not move arms or breathe.
All the rippers swore by them so maybe it was just bad luck.

I get that for all you savages it would be a non issue. I am a wimp.
15BEFD0D-DA78-4C01-8A09-28CE0732470A.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: tenover and PRCD

Buoy_maker

OTF status
Feb 20, 2017
You can’t start off an advert by misusing the word myself and then immediately follow it with the word drown instead of drowned and expect us to trust your invention.
it’s not an advert, I was poaching the image from someone’s site. Just wondering why people with more brain cells than me motivated to making money haven’t done it

Reactions: santacruzin

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
This is the spot and day it happened to me
one of those tight oneill longsleeves pulled over my head during a bail.
Could not move arms or breathe.
All the rippers swore by them so maybe it was just bad luck.

I get that for all you savages it would be a non issue. I am a wimp.
View attachment 177860
Had the same thing happen to me wearing a 1mm top at Haleiwa. A guy pulled back on a set wave and I spun late and went for it. It did not go well. The little cord that attaches to the boardshorts ripped right off and the top came up over my head, pinning my arms up by face. Like being in a straightjacket while taking donuts. Pretty terrifying. Managed to pull it all the way off and then climb my leash back to the surface before the next wave rolled over.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Had the same thing happen to me wearing a 1mm top at Haleiwa. A guy pulled back on a set wave and I spun late and went for it. It did not go well. The little cord that attaches to the boardshorts ripped right off and the top came up over my head, pinning my arms up by face. Like being in a straightjacket while taking donuts. Pretty terrifying. Managed to pull it all the way off and then climb my leash back to the surface before the next wave rolled over.
It’s the worst thing in the world. Classic erbb here lol

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
how surfers got duped in to buying rashguards and now hooded rashguards (thanks J.J.F.) is beyond me. I see guys wearing these things all of the time.

Part of surfing is about having a killer tan and looking good. Water shirts and hoods are a millenial marketing ploy.

• Haha
Reactions: sh3