wsl adds a gamer as ceo. a fucking gamer! hahaha.

what if pro surfing was judged totally diferently... like points for fastest surfer all hooked up with a GPS tracker thing on their vests... or points for beyond best wave... like best air still... best trick... best new move like never seen before sh!t... reverse fins first takeoffs pro surfing is totally staged its just way way too saturated they need to cut the top pros to 16 like 10 tour guys and gals and 6 local competators they should travel to the surf on a barge to where the swells hit have helicopters and drop them off fuck the spectators fuck the crowds im over it - OUT bye bye Aussie pro surfing

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Jeezuz christ, a pissing contest with a bloke who can't tell the difference between a Kiwi and Aussie accent.

I'm done for!

Mercy, please!
If you count shore leave wherever the navy decided where he should go he might right. That’s different from traveling abroad specifically to surf.

Reactions: Woke AF

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Do Ozzies and Kiwis like each other or do they think they are superior to the other?

I always thought they were pretty much one in the same?
Kiwis are fictitious. No one has ever seen one IRL. Here are some so-called "Kiwis" talking about the crudeness of Aussies in their so-called "accent."

Edit: I guess an Aussie immediately de-railing the thread about "Kiwis" (if you must) shows how much we care about the new Wozzle gamer CEO.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
"Ryan Crosby, a former head of publishing at Riot Gaming, has been appointed to run the League. Crosby has an extensive background in publishing and marketing with entertainment giants – including stints with Netflix and Hulu."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
This is what former interns say.

Or the chef who "did a stint" at Alinea or The French Laundry, which means "staged there for a week."

Reactions: santacruzin

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
This is what former interns say.

Or the chef who "did a stint" at Alinea or The French Laundry, which means "staged there for a week."
It means he once had a subscription to Netflix and Hulu.

Any b.s. "sport" where "judges" make up numbers should die... Especially since dumbfvck parents are pulling their dumbfvck kids out of school to do it and fvck up midweek surf sessions during school.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Really?

They sound nothing alike.

I can tell the difference between a North Carolina and a Virginia accent, are you cnuts that tone deaf you can't discern a kiwi from an Aussie?

I don't believe it.
if you can tell a Carolinian from a southern Virginian you’re a legend!

Reactions: mundus and npsp

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Really?

They sound nothing alike.

I can tell the difference between a North Carolina and a Virginia accent, are you cnuts that tone deaf you can't discern a kiwi from an Aussie?

I don't believe it.
Okay. Korean and English sound nothing alike.

I think unless someone listens to Seth Efrekens and picks up on H -> HY and all vowels being pronounced like a short e (here -> Hyeh), you're looking at any English speaker from the Southern Hemisphere is 'Strayan to us. You all hop and have pouches for offspring security - no exceptions.

Most Americans could identify a posh Westminster/Kensington accent as English. Emma Watson, for example. But if you had Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Ewan McGregor, someone from Hull or York, a Scouser, a Mancunian, and someone from Wales, and you asked Americans to identify their accents, they'd be fucked.

If you asked an American not from the Upper Midwest or maybe Maine/Washington/Alaska to discern between Wizcaaaaaaansen and Minnesooooooooota vs a Canadian from roooooond abooooot Edmonton, no fucking clue unless they watch South Park or Trailer Park Boys or Great White North.

Maybe a little bit more recognition of Boston vs New York vs New Jersey in other regions, but still less than half.

I don't think the vast majority of Americans outside the South could tell the difference between Louisiana and South Carolina unless they watched James Carville and The Waterboy quite a bit.

Also making fun of Aussie place names with Kiwis is a hell of a good time. I got them started with Ulladulla and Mooloolaba, and the Wallawallabollabollabingbongs came forth like Uruk Hai to Minas Tirith.

If you asked the average American to name a single province/state of Australia or Canada, your highest odds would be Quebec and Tasmania (note - by far the most common would be an incorrect New Zealand) and if 1 in 10 could give you one province/state each it'd be a miracle. If you asked the average American to name four countries of the United Kingdom, I am guessing one in three wouldn't even know you were talking about islands North of France and West of Norway. Of the rest, probably half would come up with England, and after that, you'd get more Irelands than Scotland and Wales combined. The sun might run out of heat before one in 40 came up with Northern Ireland unassisted.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
"Former Head of Publishing at Riot Gaming?"

This has very "met him at a Pt. Dume barbecue and we bonded over our newfound surf spirituality" vibes. They are really scraping.

If you've never been barreled and/or no one has ever threatened to kill you in the water, you have no business running anything in surfing.

Last edited: