Can we talk about illegal firearm sales?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Since you started with this, let's take this analogy a bit further. If a pharmaceutical drug manufacturing concern gets a legal order from a pharmacy for fentanyl and fills that legal order, should the drug company be prosecuted if one of the pharmacists sells said fentanyl out the back door to people who don't have a prescription?
I'm not going to wait around for a reply. I'll just leave this here...

From the OPs article----->

"...lawsuit seeking to hold local gun retailers and major gun manufacturers, such as Smith & Wesson, Glock and others, responsible for illegal sales like those uncovered in the investigation."

So if S/W, Glock etc sell stock, legally, to an FFL holder, should the gun manufacturer be prosecuted if a gun store employee sells guns illegally out the back door?

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm not going to wait around for a reply. I'll just leave this here...

From the OPs article----->

"...lawsuit seeking to hold local gun retailers and major gun manufacturers, such as Smith & Wesson, Glock and others, responsible for illegal sales like those uncovered in the investigation."

So if S/W, Glock etc sell stock, legally, to an FFL holder, should the gun manufacturer be prosecuted if a gun store employee sells guns illegally out the back door?
The federal employees who issue the licenses should also be prosecuted along with the undercover agents who attempt to make the illegal purchases.

Reactions: hal9000

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Since you started with this, let's take this analogy a bit further. If a pharmaceutical drug manufacturing concern gets a legal order from a pharmacy for fentanyl and fills that legal order, should the drug company be prosecuted if one of the pharmacists sells said fentanyl out the back door to people who don't have a prescription?
If the drug company is aware of the mismanagement and continues to supply the pharmacist, then yes I think the drug company deserves punishment. Aiding and abetting any crime is a crime in my book, but I have no idea if that applies in law. Just my opinion.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
If the drug company is aware of the mismanagement and continues to supply the pharmacist, then yes I think the drug company deserves punishment. Aiding and abetting any crime is a crime in my book, but I have no idea if that applies in law. Just my opinion.
the pharmaceutical companies are just manufacturers of inanimate objects according to GrossFlab.

Last edited:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Covered that.

“If a pharmaceutical drug manufacturing concern gets a legal order from a pharmacy for fentanyl and fills that legal order...” -Sharky

Note use of word “legal.”

Twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Covered that.

“If a pharmaceutical drug manufacturing concern gets a legal order from a pharmacy for fentanyl and fills that legal order.” -Sharky

Note use of word “legal.”

Twice.
Go after the precursor suppliers. That will fix it.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Sorry, charging a seller or a manufacturer for a straw firearm purchase is just bullshit. Sellers and manufacturers have no way to judge a buyer's intent. The proposed law would only exist for the purpose of punishing people you don't like.

Reactions: GromsDad

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I’m beginning to think that maybe the drug cartels should be governing Mexico.
What makes you think they’re not? Lots of moving pieces and they have their grubby paws in enough of them to have the controlling interest.