How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Reforest - good on ya for putting video of yourself out there. You've definitely improved.

Having said that, I think the board looks too boaty for you - a thruster setup will help that

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
In what way?
Flex tail design, powerdrive fins, his mats, his wing foils for his mini planes, his foils for foil boards…
His drongo fish design too.

I’ve heard stories from Tomo about him trying crazy stuff with magnets and levitating boards and stuff too.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Flex tail design, powerdrive fins, his mats, his wing foils for his mini planes, his foils for foil boards…
His drongo fish design too.

I’ve heard stories from Tomo about him trying crazy stuff with magnets and levitating boards and stuff too.
None of that is his design work- all borrowed off others, mostly George Greenough.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
None of that is his design work- all borrowed off others, mostly George Greenough.
One could say it was a collaboration. My understanding is that Greenough came up with the single-fin rutter looking powerdrive fin. But it's Mark that made them into a thruster setup for shortboards. Greenough was a knee boarder so the surf designs came from Mark.

I believe Mark and Tomo created the powerdrive keel fin together (although im sure Mark would take all the credit for that one too).

My understanding is that Mark and Greenough were great pals but some money issues got in the way and some camera equipment was invovled and boom... the relationship ended. But I think Mark is a pretty legit legend in Lennox, right?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@ReForest

Did the board pressure ding on the deck easily? Talked to a guy yesterday who bought one and said the deck was full of pressure dents after the first surf.

Thought it was interesting. My DA Plasmic dented but my DA Twinsman doesn’t. Plasmic was shaped, sent and surfed right away. My Twinsman sat around for “a couple months” before I bought it and then another couple weeks before I surfed it.

Maybe DA needs some curing time… :shrug:

Reactions: ReForest