Toyota to mass-produce EV Hilux pickup by 2025….

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
i think you're fooling yourself here if you look at total cost of importing, modding, registering, and putting some minimal value on your time (especially the modding part. that's where it gets expensive and time consuming. the importing part would be fairly simple and inexpensive once the imvo is being sold in mexico)
When I think about it, you are probably right.

I mean Tacoma is the Hilux, with US regulation changes implemented.
I don't think Tacoma sells anywhere else under the same name or spec.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Cable will be history but live events will not be, and they are the end all and be all because of the money they generate

if the Hilux had to adjust to American rules it would no longer be the Hilux. It’d be the Tacoma
I recently read an article that cable is experiencing something of a resurgence. Seems that all those streaming service monthly charges are adding up to the point where a cable bundle is a solid option; some people are switching back.

Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Live needs to be platform-independent PPV option. I miss everything being on cable, or not. Now there's like eight different streaming services I'd have to sign up for if I was to see every live sporting event I used to see on Scamcast.
Apple sucks.
That's irritating. I'm sure somebody will eventually bundle all the subs together.

On the upside, you can literally subscribe for a month if you want to see a show and cancel straight away. There's nothing on Disney for me but I wanted to see the Beatles film (Peter Jackson) and it was totally worth 7 bucks seeing the raw studio footage in 4k on a big screen. Try doing that with Cox or Spectrum. :cursing:

Same with Hulu. Those fuckers will charge you $8 a month and still push dumb commercials on you in the middle of the film.

I used to forget to cancel but then started cancelling as soon as I buy it and all is good.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I recently read an article that cable is experiencing something of a resurgence. Seems that all those streaming service monthly charges are adding up to the point where a cable bundle is a solid option; some people are switching back.
BTW, Apple made it super easy to control the subs.
Used to be a nightmare.

1711476533540.png

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That and there is usually no single streaming service that has everything most people want. There is usually 1 or 2 channels missing that people like plus no local channels. I looked through all of them and this was the case for me.

I do the streaming cable service from the broadband provider with a choice of 10-15 la carte cable channels. Still a ripoff but what are you going to do about it. At least I don't need a cable box for each TV, which is the biggest scam.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Hilux would meet safety and emissions IF TOYOTA THOUGHT THE HILUX WOULD SELL IN AMERICA.

Honda, Lexus, Nissan, VW, BMW..... All have to follow the same rules and all bring cars to America.
People say they want no frills cars but then don't buy them, just like the manual transmission cars, which are extinct in America. You can't blame that on the government.
Americans are lazy, they don't want to shift gears like some plebs, they want a plush ride with Apple CarPlay and adaptive cruise control.

PS Live events are not end all and be all. It's a tiny fraction of the media consumed.
And cable is soon to be history.
Boomer.
i‘d think that the Hilux would be a huge seller and toyota doesn’t want it to compete with their own Tacoma.

also isn’t the chicken tax a tariff?

Reactions: plasticbertrand

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
i‘d think that the Hilux would be a huge seller and toyota doesn’t want it to compete with their own Tacoma.

also isn’t the chicken tax a tariff?
Is there a comparable eTacoma available now or will there be in the very near future? There’s your answer.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
so a certain orange president raised taxes on everyone?
Not only did he raise taxes in that specific context but those tariffs generated like $100B in revenue.

The LOL part is that, I bet if you launched all the lolbertarians and neocons into the Sun where they belong, and you just had Trump spouting his ID on the economy, you'd wind up with a protectionist quasi-Bernie thing happening.

Like that meeting where a semi-senile Feinstein Jedi Jiu Jitsu'd him into saying something straight out of the DNC platform and like 4739217498217491462391 pencil-necked advisors had to butt in. sh!t was cash.

that is irrelevant in comparison to the inflation caused by the trillions of dollars run off the money printer while a certain president was orange

Reactions: hammies