Can we talk about the border?

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
They keep wages down. Not really debatable? But people hating them for wanting better for themselves and their families is lame. It's employers wanting high profit margins that are the issue.

Reactions: need 4 speed

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
They keep wages down. Not really debatable? But people hating them for wanting better for themselves and their families is lame. It's employers wanting high profit margins that are the issue.
And consumers who want everything cheaper. We are the ones who shop based on price and who have grown accustomed to everything being artificially cheap.

Reactions: need 4 speed

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
why is it ok for one and not the other?
Neither are ok, it's a matter of one being worse than the other. One involves people who are already here in the US that states cannot deport. I agree that it's a lame tactic although at the same time, maybe blue states should get a taste of the reality of what they vote for.

The other involves flying people in from another country who aren't even supposed to be here at all :foreheadslap:

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You sure about that? When you say not supposed to be here, do you mean they didn't file for amnesty or something?
Something that's obviously being abused

GTFO if you believe in "refugee" status

Which by the way is a non-binding UN treaty created by unelected non-American bureacrats

It should be used as toilet paper

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Something that's obviously being abused

GTFO if you believe in "refugee" status

Which by the way is a non-binding UN treaty created by unelected non-American bureacrats

It should be used as toilet paper
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm glad Kaepernick kneeled and the people mad at refugee status and their traditions, families, and way of life are making excellent toilet paper.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I don't know if, after Trump wins, it'll be funnier if nothing changes, or if they get tough on the border and a bunch of industries have a mini-meltdown. I'd LMAO if produce and meat went up 20x for like 6-8 months.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You sure about that? When you say not supposed to be here, do you mean they didn't file for amnesty or something?
Can you explain exactly why they are being flown in? I'm not familiar with the particulars or how accurate the narrative around the story is.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I don't know if, after Trump wins, it'll be funnier if nothing changes, or if they get tough on the border and a bunch of industries have a mini-meltdown. I'd LMAO if produce and meat went up 20x for like 6-8 months.
Oh, you actually think the majority of these people are working?

That's cute

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Wait your turn. People that are waiting their turn are negatively affected by border jumpers that scream amnesty when they get caught.

How much informal employment is there up north? By informal I mean no id of any kind required. Outside of agriculture I can’t think of many big companies that have the need that outweighs the risk. That leaves individuals hiring them for domestic work, off the books landscaping, etc.

This isn’t a pressing issue for the upcoming election.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Wait your turn. People that are waiting their turn are negatively affected by border jumpers that scream amnesty when they get caught.

How much informal employment is there up north? By informal I mean no id of any kind required. Outside of agriculture I can’t think of many big companies that have the need that outweighs the risk. That leaves individuals hiring them for domestic work, off the books landscaping, etc.

It *shouldn't* be much of an issue but like kidfury said, the fear propaganda machine has scored a big win nationwide with this one.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

It wasn't a pressing issue until the floodgates opened

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
We should get a half-dozen more threads going about the border and immigration.

The brown people are coming for your jobs! They will kill you and rape your women!

Stupid part of all this, is that the dipshits on this forum who keep parroting what they hear on Newsmax and OAN, probably live nowhere near the southern border! Me? I can see Tijuana from my front yard - family has lived here since the 1960's.I sure as fuck don't loose any sleep over immigration.

If migrants know there is no work in America, they won't come here - and it ain't just Democrats hiring illegals. How many has Cheeto employed over the years?

The Orange piece of sh!t, who tried to overthrown our government, should be consuming more of your angst.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We should get a half-dozen more threads going about the border and immigration.

The brown people are coming for your jobs! They will kill you and rape your women!

Stupid part of all this, is that the dipshits on this forum who keep parroting what they hear on Newsmax and OAN, probably live nowhere near the southern border! Me? I can see Tijuana from my front yard - family has lived here since the 1960's.I sure as fuck don't loose any sleep over immigration.

If migrants know there is no work in America, they won't come here - and it ain't just Democrats hiring illegals. How many has Cheeto employed over the years?

The Orange piece of sh!t, who tried to overthrown our government, should be consuming more of your angst.
Ok Boomer

Take your 1990s observations of reality elsewhere

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I currently can see TJ from my front yard - my reality is rooted in the present. And I'm in my early 50's - probably not too much older than you.. but keep projecting if that helps your narrative. I said my family has lived here since the 60's. Bro, your reading comprehension is giving Chico State a bad name.

Beware the brown people ...but orange people good!!
Clown world gonna clown :roflmao:

Ok Boomer

Take your 1990s observations of reality elsewhere