Rickoray

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
maybe sometimes it is
but that’s such a judgement call

im psyched for the progress ricks at least the way I’m interpreting the public messages
he’s come a long way

i think hope and positivity is so important
celebrate the progress and look forward to more!
+1 hang in there bro. it may never be like it was but it can still be good.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
rick is one of the all time coolest dudes on here. solid family man, raised two amazing young women, his wife is for life, and she's rad af, and he will 100% always bro you down with a wave, a meal, a bed, whatever you need, no questions asked, surfer to surfer brotherly love. pulling hard to the universe for a solid outcome so rickoray and fam can get this behind them and move on with their rad kick ass lives. nothing but love for the erk's!

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
He's lucky to have a solid crew of real women.

agreed you know people when you break bread with them real conversations , we did for two days and had easily the best tacos and real sauces from some farmers market Ricky brought to the beach the Sunday - saw the real Salt creek vibe locals , all of it , wouldn't of happened without the forum here and some Salmon fishing

f16a2873-ed7c-49c3-b6f6-c84e77e90f72.jpg

IMG_9799.JPGIMG_6351.JPG

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
rick is one of the all time coolest dudes on here. solid family man, raised two amazing young women, his wife is for life, and she's rad af, and he will 100% always bro you down with a wave, a meal, a bed, whatever you need, no questions asked, surfer to surfer brotherly love. pulling hard to the universe for a solid outcome so rickoray and fam can get this behind them and move on with their rad kick ass lives. nothing but love for the erk's!
Bern absent a bit dealing with some of my own (trivial compared to Rick) health and life issues.

I envy the support group he has, it shows the kind of guy he is 100%.

Praying hard for you daily @Rickoray please be well soon and grab some tasty waves and suds for me!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Update from Rick's wife, Denise:

Update on Rick 3/28

Hi Everyone,

This week is our anniversary and birthday (me) week. I am thankful for all your support and prayers.

WE have a LOT to be thankful for. Rick is alive and made it thru a massive gauntlet.

He is going to have a long road but I know his mind is in tact after those earthquake (two exactly) aneurisms. And 5 weeks of induced coma etc.

Thankful he is at the long term acute center and getting rehabilitation, but still he is in ICU. He is still on ventilator which is a life support protocol.

To keep it in perspective: 48 hours ago he was off breathing on own for 8 hours; yesterday 12 hours. His lungs are a saving grace for him to be getting
better quicker than most. I try and express that to the doctors.
Today voice box and getting OT/PT/therapy etc. And sitting up in chair and getting stronger.

He knows and appreciates the goals (and has reiterated to me verbally):

1. Get off ventilator! (and being a surfer and an active person who never smoked (cigs that is) is #1. and very doable)

2. Get Range of Motion and keep moving even when the PT and OT are not working with you! He's doing that!

3. GTFKOuttaHere!

We are not by a long shot over this but again do not know any timeline and appreciate all the goodwilll and best wishes from our true friends and family from around the world.

Love, D Emma and Lulu (and of course Rick!)

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Update from Rick's wife, Denise:

Update on Rick 3/28

Hi Everyone,

This week is our anniversary and birthday (me) week. I am thankful for all your support and prayers.

WE have a LOT to be thankful for. Rick is alive and made it thru a massive gauntlet.

He is going to have a long road but I know his mind is in tact after those earthquake (two exactly) aneurisms. And 5 weeks of induced coma etc.

Thankful he is at the long term acute center and getting rehabilitation, but still he is in ICU. He is still on ventilator which is a life support protocol.

To keep it in perspective: 48 hours ago he was off breathing on own for 8 hours; yesterday 12 hours. His lungs are a saving grace for him to be getting
better quicker than most. I try and express that to the doctors.
Today voice box and getting OT/PT/therapy etc. And sitting up in chair and getting stronger.

He knows and appreciates the goals (and has reiterated to me verbally):

1. Get off ventilator! (and being a surfer and an active person who never smoked (cigs that is) is #1. and very doable)

2. Get Range of Motion and keep moving even when the PT and OT are not working with you! He's doing that!

3. GTFKOuttaHere!

We are not by a long shot over this but again do not know any timeline and appreciate all the goodwilll and best wishes from our true friends and family from around the world.

Love, D Emma and Lulu (and of course Rick!)
Thanks for the update. Sounds like he's making progress. Keep fighting Rick. :shaka:

Reactions: tenover