*** Official MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal Contest Thread ***

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
It really is. Bought it for $290 used. It's the Average Joe 5'11" 43,3L :)
The board came with the meticulously placed sticker and a GoPro snout mount. I'm not man enough for the GoPro up front, so I had to rip it off. Kept the sticker. The chicks think I'm a sponserd surfer!
Lol, I find it hard to believe that the chicks where you're from would have any concept of a "sponsored surfer"

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
People tore into KS on Stab over this. The comments section is always great.

The write up says he was "nursing" his turns. The general consensus was we all wish we could nurse turns that well.
I wish someone in his camp would convince him it’s ok to stop competing. He can’t win a heat let alone an event, and there’s tons of great surf to be had wherever he wants to go.

Reactions: npsp and sh3

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I wish someone in his camp would convince him it’s ok to stop competing. He can’t win a heat let alone an event, and there’s tons of great surf to be had wherever he wants to go.
Not to mention there are dozens of hungry surfers begging for an opportunity and he's taking at least one from them... and doing this.

Reactions: npsp and sh3

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Sat 3/16: Finals day will have to be ON. Probably 7 AM start WET.

No YouTube live stream right now.
I think because they are done with the women's quarters they have some wiggle room in case there's morning sickness. They sure hope to start early though.

Reactions: sponge

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Heat wave, can’t sleep (flu won’t help either). So I’m watching this.
If I pulled up and it looked like this I would def go back to bed.

Reactions: Chocki

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Exciting/competing/watch
None of these words have any meaning in this contest.
the pros look more bored than the viewers.
I share your view of this contest. But did you watch Medina's waves this morning? He takes those shitty waves and does something cool with it. This can't be said of any of the others surfers remaining, all other heats were extremely boring with predictable surfing.

Reactions: Havoc

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
live workin on phone, but not pc via youtube or wsl page