Cloudbreak what the fvck

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
The bottom turn and/or down the line stuff that follows the 'easy' take-offs, hmmm......

-Delusional Mr Doof out!
[/QUOTE]

I thought a lot of those tubes looked really tricky. But I'm old and slow.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Can't wait to have it look like that during the contest and watch it inevitably get called off so they can run on the following blown out days.

Reactions: sh3

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Can't wait to have it look like that during the contest and watch it inevitably get called off so they can run on the following blown out days.
Coffin was out there - unless you think the guys who knocked him into retirement can’t keep up w him now, I’m not sure why you’d think the tour guys wouldn’t give it a go?

The question is how you run a comp at that size. How many waves did Florence catch all day? A handful? For it to work they’d have to change the format so it’s more like the big wave tour events. Elimination rounds etc wouldn’t cut it.

Reactions: Boneroni and sh3

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Coffin was out there - unless you think the guys who knocked him into retirement can’t keep up w him now, I’m not sure why you’d think the tour guys wouldn’t give it a go?

The question is how you run a comp at that size. How many waves did Florence catch all day? A handful? For it to work they’d have to change the format so it’s more like the big wave tour events. Elimination rounds etc wouldn’t cut it.
I'm not saying the tour guys wouldn't give it a go, I'm saying THE TOUR wouldn't give it a go. Maybe a few years ago, but absolutely not today. I hope they prove me wrong but I don't think they will.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Wasn’t it too big one year, they ran one or two heats and bailed. Raoni Montero and Josh Kerr?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Some of those take-offs look 'easy' enough for me to think I could paddle in on the right one.

The bottom turn and/or down the line stuff that follows the 'easy' take-offs, hmmm......

-Delusional Mr Doof out!
If I tried ( I wouldn't) I would probably share Billy Kemper's experience (11:50).

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
If I tried ( I wouldn't) I would probably share Billy Kemper's experience (11:50).
Never been, but heard from people that no matter how perfect is looks it is far from an easy wave even when smaller.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
See if you can find the drone footage slowed down of Soli Bailey's bomb.

Now pay close attention to the foam ball and shock waves in the tube- thats the gnarly part when you are slotted there.