Goleta Closed - 1 Million Gallon Sewage Spill

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
We

We provide ultrasonic leak detection it work well on water lines and has varying degrees of success on forced mains depending on Depth and soil type, and it’s not widely used by most Municipalities because it’s incredibly costly to go over a whole pipeline And provide traffic control gravity systems are relatively easy and low cost to inspect but like npsp stated it much More cost effective To provide good asset management as opposed to wait and see
Sono balls were deployed into the main via the pig launch to listen for leaks on most of the force main inspections I was involved with (not many). They help navigate the variables you note above. Accurate metering, leak detection, pressure management and routine flushing/ice pigging are all key factors in operating an efficient water distribution system.

Reactions: Fishyhb
Feb 18, 2024
Sono balls were deployed into the main via the pig launch to listen for leaks on most of the force main inspections I was involved with (not many). They help navigate the variables you note above. Accurate metering, leak detection, pressure management and routine flushing/ice pigging are all key factors in operating an efficient water distribution system.
Sono balls work well for Verifying a leak and once again vary costly we rarely get a request to deploy sono balls this is more common in the oil and gas industry but ice pigging is pretty neat to check out and extremely effective. pm your contact if your interested in quoting a private pump project

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's my line of work so yea know a bit about sh^t. Alot of residences where I work have little idea where it even goes. You mean it just doesn't disappear?
It goes in my three stage septic system. Just disappears!

I know what you mean though. People get bothered by global warming and don’t have a clue where their own sh!t ends up.

motosurf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 19, 2008
So in Goleta the poop was flowing into the ocean 6 days before they closed the beach. I suspect a lot of people were at the local walk-in clinics with ear infections and such.
I surfed just to the north the day it supposedly started and there was some south wind that morning. No problems and luckily the waves were good..