Mini simmons feed back. Mitsven Vs Christenson

Aug 30, 2018
I'm On the hunt for a new ( used) mini simmons. I currently have an Old Joe bauguess that I actually got from Joe back in the day. 5'8".
Any one with ride history of both these makers? CC ocean racer--Mitsven mini simmons with keels
my daily is 5'10" CC fish.
Im looking at
5'8" Mitsven
5'10" Mitsven
5'10 CC
I have ridden none but they look inviting. Love the Joe bauguess just time to find something new. ( boardwhore)
looking for something less corky and able to get into wave early.
my dims are
5'8"
165lbs
thank for posting up your thoughts. .
cheers.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I have an Ocean Racer. Don‘t know anything about your other choices. I’m a full convert to twins with that big deep single concave.

FWIW, I’m 6’2 - 200 pounds

5’8 CC Fish

5’6 CC Ocean Racer

Might swap the OR for a 5’4

In my opinion a 5’10 OR is way too big for you.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I have a mitsven bump roundtail simmons quad and it's one of the best boards I've ever owned. Turns insanely well for what it is. Never been interested in a keel simmons, they seem to go really fast but straight. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Either way you can't go wrong IMO. Like duffy said I think you're going too big unless your ability calls for it (no shame in that)

My 5'8: mitsven is plenty of volume for me at 190 and I could easily go smaller.

Sep 27, 2009
I've surfed the ocean racer, such a fun board before I snapped it. I would buy it again in a second over a different/more traditional mini simmons. I ride a 5'6" CC fish and surfed the ocean racer at 5'2", but probably would go with a 5'4" if I were to do it again

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I have a mitsven bump roundtail simmons quad and it's one of the best boards I've ever owned. Turns insanely well for what it is. Never been interested in a keel simmons, they seem to go really fast but straight. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Either way you can't go wrong IMO. Like duffy said I think you're going too big unless your ability calls for it (no shame in that)

My 5'8: mitsven is plenty of volume for me at 190 and I could easily go smaller.
My CC OR no go straight, brah. Sick shred turns all night.

Reactions: Icanmakeit

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The Ocean Racer is by far one of the finest surfboards ever made.

I think mine was 5'1... no idea why I ever sold it. Probably can't afford one now. What an idiot.:foreheadslap:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
As it was being Highly recommended I wanted to see the CC OR ridden so a YouTube search revealed this if it's of any interest here,
(It's Japan I assume, so if you are like me, use your imagination. I think it's a surf-off between the Ocean Racer and a CC Twin Fish in marginal mush/crumbles.)

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Some used options if you are in SD

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Ocean Racers are on sale and half off at Catalyst. 5' - 5'4

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
As it was being Highly recommended I wanted to see the CC OR ridden so a YouTube search revealed this if it's of any interest here,
(It's Japan I assume, so if you are like me, use your imagination. I think it's a surf-off between the Ocean Racer and a CC Twin Fish in marginal mush/crumbles.)
Jeezuz fcuk, for the love of God, that is Longboard surf.

That was gross.

Spencer not much better.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
I'm On the hunt for a new ( used) mini simmons. I currently have an Old Joe bauguess that I actually got from Joe back in the day. 5'8".
Any one with ride history of both these makers? CC ocean racer--Mitsven mini simmons with keels
my daily is 5'10" CC fish.
Im looking at
5'8" Mitsven
5'10" Mitsven
5'10 CC
I have ridden none but they look inviting. Love the Joe bauguess just time to find something new. ( boardwhore)
looking for something less corky and able to get into wave early.
my dims are
5'8"
165lbs
thank for posting up your thoughts. .
cheers.
Can't you just make one yourself?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
mini simmons like boards are going to be the next trend. Our favorite, adult learners, will be like “they’re like tomos crossed with catch surf!” It’s going to be hell, because the boards actually work.

You don’t have to ride them so short either, i know everyone wants to have the tightest turning radius so they can totally shred (see clip :rolleyes:) but if you’re in those Japan waves (or California) why not try one your own height?

more upright fins too. I like the true ames stussy twin. Boards have enough speed naturally, you can use the entire rail.

• Love
Reactions: freeride76