AccuWeather Claiming Supercharged Hurricane Season

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Who cares what these hypemachines claim?

Every year is now considered supercharged.

Every storm is now record breaking ("fifth largest ever!") :roflmao:

Hype hype click click.
even my parents who were born and raised east coast and dealt with real weather all the time fall in these traps. text messages all day when its raining - are you safe? hows bad is it up there? im like wtf didnt you grow up in a place with real weather. its wet - i dont know what to tell you?

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Back in the day we were driving north for a surf. Passing the Sycamore Canyon area these big boulders (like the one in the pic) came rolling across the highway. We were yelling at my friend driving, "Back up! Back up!" He starts backing up and we see an 18 wheeler behind us start jack knifing. "Stop! Stop!" Literally between a rock and a hard place. After things settle, we manuvered around the debris. "Let's go! Before they close the road." Young, dumb and full of come.

• Wow
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Back in the day we were driving north for a surf. Passing the Sycamore Canyon area these big boulders (like the one in the pic) came rolling across the highway. We were yelling at my friend driving, "Back up! Back up!" He starts backing up and we see an 18 wheeler behind us start jack knifing. "Stop! Stop!" Literally between a rock and a hard place. After things settle, we manuvered around the debris. "Let's go! Before they close the road." Young, dumb and full of come.
Sounds like a movie script

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
weather on the news seems to be just like the WSL - everyone hates it yet everyone still watches.
Only game in town. We went a long time with nothing more than a synoptic chart once a week and a
1708558878951.jpeg
to get shipping reports. Good Cuban music too.

We wrote down the conditions every day, surf and weather and got a fix on what was likely to happen and when. Other than that AM radio, one station from Zihuatanejo and one from Lázaro Cárdenas. By the time they had anything to say it was too late to make it out. No cel phone service.

What is available now on tv isn’t worth watching (other than there’s some grade A weather babes) especially with so much out there online.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Who cares what these hypemachines claim?

Every year is now considered supercharged.

Every storm is now record breaking ("fifth largest ever!") :roflmao:

Hype hype click click.
Heard on the radio the other day that there were “over 500 reports of fallen trees”.

Reports. Does that mean more than 500 trees fell down? No it doesn’t. It means that there were 500 reports of fallen trees. Could have a single tree called in by 500 people. Nobody knows.

The “news” media is garbage.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Heard on the radio the other day that there were “over 500 reports of fallen trees”.

Reports. Does that mean more than 500 trees fell down? No it doesn’t. It means that there were 500 reports of fallen trees. Could have a single tree called in by 500 people. Nobody knows.

Same bullshit the they pulled with Covid “news” reporting bro. Sucks you can’t beat down any of their asses, or the loosers with nothing better to do than call and report that a stupid tree no one probably cared about in the first place fell over.

But it’s not too late to still fuck up some driftwood thieves. I bet it would be easy pickings with all the driftwood waiting to be stolen on the local beaches after the recent historic rains that have plagued Southern California just like driftwood theft is a plague upon our beaches that needs your help and martial arts skills to be erased.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Do you still listen to terrestrial radio?

There‘s an easy resolution to your problem with the “news,” but like any good addict you seem inexplicably drawn to your current vice.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do you still listen to terrestrial radio?

There‘s an easy resolution to your problem with the “news,” but like any good addict you seem inexplicably drawn to your current vice.
Yeah, I drive a lot for work. There’s a radio in my vehicle. I listen to it. They do news breaks.

Geez, dude.

You’re addicted to defending liars for some reason. It’s weird.

RayG

Nep status
Dec 3, 2002
Astoria, NY USA
If I remember right, the first real mention of an "El Nino" Event was the winter of '82/'83. That is when it became a thing in the media. (Yes, I know, it was 'known about', but it more of a folklore thing among South American Fisherman, etc...) Pretty similar to what is happening now.

The 1983 Atlantic Hurricane season was the least active since 1930. 7 Tropical Depressions and 4 of those became Hurricanes. Started late with the first depression formed on July 23, and ended early with the last forming on Sept. 26

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yeah, I drive a lot for work. There’s a radio in my vehicle. I listen to it. They do news breaks.

Geez, dude.

You’re addicted to defending liars for some reason. It’s weird.
So there was a news break to say there were reports of trees down? Lol ok.

If you’ve got a radio that’s terrestrial only, there must be a cassette player too? Maybe plug into the latest Bad Company release?

But “liar” implies intent to deceive through a claim the speaker knows or believes to be false. Are you suggesting the radio station cut in to intentionally state false information about the number of calls they (city, county?) received about downed trees? That‘s some diabolical sh!t right there! I can only imagine the end game on that one!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You’re a loser who doesn’t listen to space radio.
One of my personal vehicles has “space radio” in it. My work vehicle has a regular radio with Apple CarPlay.
My pickup truck has radio, CD and a fucking cassette player.