Rip Curl - DONE!

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
Seems like companies would have taken heed when Bud Light got canceled. It’s okay to be woke but don’t do it in your advertising, too many conservative Christian surfers in this country.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Longboarding has always been surprisingly conservative. I blame Joe Tudors continuing undue influence on it. Look what he did to Joe A Aron/Motion bro.

Reactions: menobrah

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Hopefully this won’t be an issue going forward for much longer what with all the hormones blocking and encouraging children to transition at young aged

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
I had no idea Rip Curl was using slave labor in N. Korea - can you post a link for that - thanks for that Info - Just give me another reason the boycott their products. I have purchased at least 2 rip curl wetsuits a year for the last 15 years and frequently hit up their outlet in San Clemente for cheap cloths - no more will they get my business. I can only hope others will follow - fuck these assholes.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I had no idea Rip Curl was using slave labor in N. Korea - can you post a link for that - thanks for that Info - Just give me another reason the boycott their products. I have purchased at least 2 rip curl wetsuits a year for the last 15 years and frequently hit up their outlet in San Clemente for cheap cloths - no more will they get my business. I can only hope others will follow - fuck these assholes.
Got my grand kids to switch from Nike to Adidas and New Balance (when making their Xmas list of ‘wants’). Don’t watch much if any NFL, MLB, NBA any longer. To each their own. I separate sports and retailers from politics. Doesn’t mean crap to the businesses but I fell better doing this. I’m just old and cranky.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Got my grand kids to switch from Nike to Adidas and New Balance (when making their Xmas list of ‘wants’). Don’t watch much if any NFL, MLB, NBA any longer. To each their own. I separate sports and retailers from politics. Doesn’t mean crap to the businesses but I fell better doing this. I’m just old and cranky.
New Balance is great. They make some of their shoes in Maine and Massachusetts.

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
let's just have surfing events. Male and female together. See who wins, who makes the top how many it is to get on tour, etc. Might as well do that for every sport. WNBA is terrible. US Women's futbol cries about pay. Whoever is good enough to make the team. Male, Female, trans. Then those that can't, can get a regular damn job like the rest of the 99% plus of the population.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
let's just have surfing events. Male and female together. See who wins, who makes the top how many it is to get on tour, etc. Might as well do that for every sport. WNBA is terrible. US Women's futbol cries about pay. Whoever is good enough to make the team. Male, Female, trans. Then those that can't, can get a regular damn job like the rest of the 99% plus of the population.
Get on it! Make it happen!