Never forget…

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Florida was wide open by June
i had a coworker who vacationed there in june and said it was like a different universe. packed bars, no masks, everybody partying and having a good time while the majority of the nation huddled at home, masked at the grocery store, and cancelled gatherings

and... when you do an age adjusted comparison of covid fatality rates between california and florida... they had the same outcome.

the government covid mandates cost a sh!t ton of money and damaged peoples lives and accomplished nothing in terms of changing covid outcomes.

its truly fascinating to watch how the covidians cling so bitterly to the validity of those absurd mandates.

they are like religious fanatics. especially in how they get all morally judgmental about people who do not share their distorted beliefs.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
i had a coworker who vacationed there in june and said it was like a different universe. packed bars, no masks, everybody partying and having a good time while the majority of the nation huddled at home, masked at the grocery store, and cancelled gatherings

and... when you do an age adjusted comparison of covid fatality rates between california and florida... they had the same outcome.

the government covid mandates cost a sh!t ton of money and damaged peoples lives and accomplished nothing in terms of changing covid outcomes.

its truly fascinating to watch how the covidians cling so bitterly to the validity of those absurd mandates.

they are like religious fanatics. especially in how they get all morally judgmental about people who do not share their distorted beliefs.
A guy around who lived around the corner from me whose kid went to school with my kid went down there with a couple of buddies for a golf trip
He picked up Covid and was dead within 2 weeks

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not all Florida is created equal. I am sure Ron DeSantis's kids didn't wear masks at home. There were regular school closures in Fall 2021 because the staff got nuked. I went to a few Gator games that season. If you went indoors without a mask and weren't eating on campus, they hit the trapdoor and fed you to the rancor. During the Delta spike in August 2021 places like Panera, Home Depot, etc. weren't playing with their own mask mandate.

I went to California in 2021. The airport in SF was exactly like the airport in ATL and JAX. The indoors places were hit-and-miss: Mexican restaurants didn't know what Covid was; in Daly City I'm pretty sure they had some Cantonese lady with a mask launcher hidden in the faux flowers if you didn't comply.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Praise be, brother. Now let us pray for all the ruined lives and destroyed economies brought by the lockdowns. No moral judgment, of course, just :love:.

:p

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
A guy around who lived around the corner from me whose kid went to school with my kid went down there with a couple of buddies for a golf trip
sorry to hear that, man. how are his wife and kids holding up these days?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not all Florida is created equal. I am sure Ron DeSantis's kids didn't wear masks at home. There were regular school closures in Fall 2021 because the staff got nuked. I went to a few Gator games that season. If you went indoors without a mask and weren't eating on campus, they hit the trapdoor and fed you to the rancor. During the Delta spike in August 2021 places like Panera, Home Depot, etc. weren't playing with their own mask mandate.

I went to California in 2021. The airport in SF was exactly like the airport in ATL and JAX. The indoors places were hit-and-miss: Mexican restaurants didn't know what Covid was; in Daly City I'm pretty sure they had some Cantonese lady with a mask launcher hidden in the faux flowers if you didn't comply.
California varied by county. Most coastal counties still had mask mandates well into late 2021. I got browbeaten by event staff in Sacramento in January 2022 for being maskless and killing grandmas.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Weird how you know so many people who got sick and died with COVID, while people in other states don't know anyone

Unhealthy area?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
sorry to hear that, man. how are his wife and kids holding up these days?
I don’t know
The last time I spoke to his wife was a couple of days before they sold their house and moved. She was still very emotional

my wife was friendly with the wife, and I knew them well enough to say hi, but we weren’t close

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Weird how you know so many people who got sick and died with COVID, while people in other states don't know anyone

Unhealthy area?
NY was hit harder than other places
I think maybe due to density
But in this case, i don’t know.

hopefully there’s some learning from all of this where the precautions can be better matched to the demographics as opposed to broad strokes

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you lost me there. everybody i know has lost freinds and/or family to covid.
I know no one. One of my wife's high school acquaintances died, but that was in the land of the unhealthy in Michigan

I know people who basically got the flu

So just in this thread we have California, Michigan, and NY that had people die. What else did those states have in common?

Correlation only I guess

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
California varied by county. Most coastal counties still had mask mandates well into late 2021. I got browbeaten by event staff in Sacramento in January 2022 for being maskless and killing grandmas.
Nobody gave a f--k at OB. Daly City looked like a hospital staffed by Chinese surgeons indoors and out. Nobody gave a f--k in Los Altos. Nobody gave a f--k in Carmel. Nobody gave a f--k in Castroville. Except at the dispensary.

Claiming that Florida was "free and open" is definitely not splitting hairs. :roflmao:
Look just because the beaches were closed half of March and most of April and for months and months afterwards the State Parks operated at half capacity and so on doesn't mean you need to be a hair splitter.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Everything went into shut down mode mid-late March. Start of June is just over 2 months. You’re splitting hairs.

The way the media changed its tune about large maskless gatherings after Floyd’s death showed that the whole thing was a Fookin farce.
Why say 1-2 months?

Why slant?

One month is not 2.5 months.

That is not a split hair.

I'm not a math person but I think that is 6 months of covid restrictions.

On September 25, Governor DeSantis announced Phase 3, which lifted all capacity restrictions on most businesses. In addition, municipalities are prohibited from collecting fines for violations of local health orders, and may not restrict restaurants to less than 50% capacity unless they receive approval from the state; they must provide justification for the decision, and detail any possible economic impact.[153][154][155]

Last edited:
  • Haha