Watch out! Cyclist coming through

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Sorry for being a Darwin awards candidate?

Who crosses a finish line of ANY sort of race, RIGHT WHEN THE RACE IS FINISHING, if you're not in the race?

Stupid tourist got what she deserved.

She was looking straight into the oncoming cyclists face.

:socrazy:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
The guess was in part based on the idea that his helmet would have given him the edge in that collision, but apparently not.

Put the phone's down when crossing streets, people.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
That was nasty. Race officials should be held liable for allowing people onto the race course.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Partial success. Am calling it partial because it seems more than just manslaughter to me, but, well, that is just my opinion.

Blurb:

After weeks of legal negotiations, McAuley pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter in the Brisbane supreme court on Monday.

In sentencing, justice David Boddice savaged McAuley’s “disgraceful behaviour”.

“Because of sheer rage and nothing else you caused the death of a 26-year-old male who was simply riding a bicycle home from work,” he said.

“You deliberately drove your vehicle, which you were incapable of controlling, so close to the deceased that it was inherently likely that he would be struck.

“Your behaviour on the night evidenced a complete disregard for human life. Your behaviour in the days following and in the ensuing years showed your complete lack of remorse.”

McAuley collapsed and wailed “no” as she was sentenced to serve 10 years in jail and declared a serious and violent offender.

She refused to leave the dock, reaching out to sobbing supporters in the gallery before being taken by prison officers from the court. The 49-year-old will be eligible for parole in July 2026.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
working on closing a deal on one of this make/model/year but with silver paint....

i wonder how big of a tire i can squeeze into those campy brakes?

Reactions: Chocki

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
working on closing a deal on one of this make/model/year but with silver paint....

Pretty sweet! I bet the chain stays will be the tightest area, as far as tire rub; probably only fit 28's, but hopefully bigger.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Pretty sweet! I bet the chain stays will be the tightest area, as far as tire rub; probably only fit 28's, but hopefully bigger.
28's should be good enough to handle bike path that varies between bad pavement and graded dirt, right?

something like this maybe?

1638816050927.png

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
28's should be good enough to handle bike path that varies between bad pavement and graded dirt, right?

something like this maybe?

View attachment 120300
Yeah, though bigger is better, imo. I'm on 35's now. There's a Gravelking SS that has a little less tread than what you have pictured. I really like them. They mostly just have the ridges on the outside.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008

Even with the old school skinny rims usually you can only go 25C max on an ancient racing bike like that.

@Sharkbiscuit Continetal Gatorskins are what you want to prevent flat tires, size does not matter too much. Get the Gator Hardshells for ultimate flat protection, or a training tire, but they are slow.