The Skaters of the ERBB

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
good to hear. we may have someone build it so it doesn't get messed up by my disastrous hands.
I thought the same thing and had a friend help with the transition cuts. Once that was done, I pretty much did the rest myself - it's basically just measuring and cutting straight lines.

Let me know if you need help - I built ours, took it apart to replace plywood under skatelite, put it back together, then took it apart again when we sold it a few months back, and then put it back together in our friend's yard, down the hill, so I have some experience......haha!

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Anyone find good 4" plans? Im having trouble finding them. Also is an extension the way to go or not really that critical?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Not much of a mini ramp champ. But the wider the better. If you’re making it for an advanced skater an extension with vert or to vert is fun. If it’s for a beginner still fun but going back and forth doing 50-50s as long as you can is such a good foundation to have. An extension will get in the way of that. No right or wrong answer.

For an old vert/transition skater like me quick transitions are preferred. It’s easier to get weightless for little airs and lip tricks like Losi grinds. The guys that got a good Ollie like a more mellow transition. Like I said no right or wrong answer.

If you going to hire someone to build it. Hire a skater. Daggerbuiltramps by Eddie Reategui.

http://instagr.am/p/CCtJcrCFycI/

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Anyone find good 4" plans? Im having trouble finding them. Also is an extension the way to go or not really that critical?
Like Teeori said above, there is no right or wrong answer - it's all about personal preference. In the 7 years that we had our ramp I asked Tanner Jr. a few times if he wanted an extension, and each time he said 'Nah, I like it the way it is'. When I asked why, he explained that if it was 4' wider (which would have taken it to 16' wide) he would want one, but at 12' it was the perfect width for him to 50/50 grind the entire width and an extension would 'be in the way'.

Agreed that if you do put up an extension, add the pool coping.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: surfysurfy1476

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Okay ill prob bail on the xtension. Seems like theyre mainly for going for airs anyways which my crew prob wont ever do.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I thought the same thing and had a friend help with the transition cuts. Once that was done, I pretty much did the rest myself - it's basically just measuring and cutting straight lines.

Let me know if you need help - I built ours, took it apart to replace plywood under skatelite, put it back together, then took it apart again when we sold it a few months back, and then put it back together in our friend's yard, down the hill, so I have some experience......haha!
thanks man I appreciate that. I couldn't imagine doing that to you though lol

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
agree with both above, make it as wide as you can. extensions are fun but like tanner said, can get in the way. probably won't do one on mine.

the diy ramp plans posted above has a nice friendly nuetral transition. I'm pretty picky and I like it so take it for what it's worth. if I didn't have much flat bottom, i'd lower the height and shorten the tranny.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Not much of a mini ramp champ. But the wider the better. If you’re making it for an advanced skater an extension with vert or to vert is fun. If it’s for a beginner still fun but going back and forth doing 50-50s as long as you can is such a good foundation to have. An extension will get in the way of that. No right or wrong answer.

For an old vert/transition skater like me quick transitions are preferred. It’s easier to get weightless for little airs and lip tricks like Losi grinds. The guys that got a good Ollie like a more mellow transition. Like I said no right or wrong answer.

If you going to hire someone to build it. Hire a skater. Daggerbuiltramps by Eddie Reategui.

http://instagr.am/p/CCtJcrCFycI/
that actually looks liek somethign i coudl session again and again! rare! usually when i say fug it and got for it...couple drops...couple more drops...and im done and hatin life for a few eeks and nt wanitng to try again fo r afew years

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Tony Roberts posted his classic flick “goin off” on YouTube today. That and “sick boys” were my staples growing up. So much sick Natas footage and an epic soundtrack.

nrthcty

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 30, 2009
N.S.D
good to hear. we may have someone build it so it doesn't get messed up by my disastrous hands.
Mines 3' tall x 10 wide with saktelite. could have bulit it myself buut forund these guyts out of OC called 2x4 ramps - what they chagred me wasnt much more than what would have been my lumber cost at the local Home DEepot, casue they must get good wholesale lumber prices - and they did it fast too

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I think my buddy’s I posted is 5’ with the 6’ extension it’s wide too! I will ask him the exact specs.

transition cuts and setting coping are the things a novice should ask for help with