Lost ss2 order and change over the years

Jun 26, 2012
Hi BennyC, iv still got a stock 5.10 pu sws, and a stock 5.10 dws carbon wrap, u welcome to take em for a spin if ur ever down this way..
Hey mate. Thanks for the offer. Would love the freedom these days but family life ties me down. I snapped mine a long while ago and have been In Pursuit of a replacement for a while but to no avail.

Which do you find the best?

I did like my baby buggy but it was a custom for someone else and very refined, was good in good condition but when it wasn’t it was hard work.

Jul 21, 2015
just do the SWS since you have a PJ for small waves. mayhem called it the easiest riding pointy nose sb. plus he said he rode one as his goto for a while. the video is on the compare surfboards site. i think you cant go wrong with it! =)

Aug 21, 2013
Australia NSW
Hey mate. Thanks for the offer. Would love the freedom these days but family life ties me down. I snapped mine a long while ago and have been In Pursuit of a replacement for a while but to no avail.

Which do you find the best?

I did like my baby buggy but it was a custom for someone else and very refined, was good in good condition but when it wasn’t it was hard work.
oops, i got it wrong way round, the dws is pu, the sws is carbon wrap. Hard to pinpoint the differences in shape due to the different constructions, that said i find the dws pu a bit more predictable, and obviously better in the wind, but the sws cw is faster and paddles better, which is why i ride that one more. If i snapped the sws i would get a cw dws to replace it. Yea i found the baby buggy needed more of a wave to get it going than my beach buggy ? go figure...!

Jul 21, 2015
ya its a great boar! the stamps shadow is really close too.
i am going to order some stamps boards as soon as my lost boards give up the ghost. I'm thinking shadow, flare, vulture, etc... user friendly ones but still perfromancey. :cool:

Jul 21, 2015
Anyone ridden both the DWS and the SWS versions?

I know many do not like the bump squash. It failed my under the arm test, too.
I have a 5.8 SWS (19x2.25 manybe 26.5L) and a 5.6 DWS (19x2.25 25.xL). I think the DWS has more low end range - wider nose at 12" and a farily wide back half even though 12" mark from tail is similar to SWS. I think DWS is more of a one board quiver than the SWS.

I've surfed the DWS in some pretty marginal conditions at thigh or waist high as a twin plus trailer. I've also had it in some thigh high waves with push and it did not disappoint. BUT I would add 1/4 inch in width as well as 1/8 in thickness if I could do it again to help more with the lower spectrum and crowds. My DWS was OTR so I didnt have that option. I really like the DWS it feels manuerverable and less like a fish (wide nose).

The SWS doesnt need much more wave but i prefer to ride mine in better shape and at least the waist high region to overhead. My experience is that is a very user friendly, non HPSB that is relatively HP (by my standards).

Jun 26, 2012
Yeah I think I will have to go go with the og one. Sounds like the sws is a little more of a step up. So hard as is not a board that sits on the racks these days will have to get a custom and hope for the best.

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone ever surfed the sharp eye disco tech? Looks similar and I could feel before I buy.