Recent content by trifish

1. trifish

YOLO ALERTS

So a little context... I told him that the SD Fish he made me (5'6"x21x2.56) works really well. I've been surfing that board a ton. We got on the topic of longer fish / longer rails. He said he would be stoked to try to make me a longer one. I didn't really define anything, just make it...
  2. trifish

YOLO ALERTS

Good dude to get a board from
  3. trifish

YOLO ALERTS

Sakal made me this one a few weeks ago. Is 4 fish too many to have in ones quiver?
  4. trifish

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

Some reason I feel like I couldn't break one of those boards if I tried being so stubby
  5. trifish

YOLO ALERTS

Sick ones. I've had a couple in that color. Just be ready for all the women that will want to touch it. It can be overwhelming.
  6. trifish

*** Official Fin Thread ***

What boars? You can't just pop up all casually and go full @Makoman like that.
  7. trifish

Step away from the cart
  8. trifish

AJW Classic Twin

I'd take those massive nvs keels out and stick in a more upright keel like Christensons. Your ride feedback sounds like how I remember the first time I tried to ride a keel fish coming off of thrusters/quads. Best thing that helped me on them was to slow my surfing down and let the board do...
  9. trifish

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

:porcorn:
  10. trifish

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

Ghost Sakal SD Fish Akila Aipa Contemporary Fish Moonstone The Ghost has held a spot in my quiver for 6 or 7 years now and running strong. Akila would be a tough one to get a replacement for. I hope I never break that one and Sakal has been making me some great boards lately that go.
  11. trifish

The new Christenson Wolverine

The nautilus has a little extra tail rocker when you see them side by side. Both look fun to me
  12. trifish

Unrelated but in other fin news I've really been enjoying Patterson's Twin plus trailer set. Kind of reminds me of Akila's but larger and in honeycomb. They feel good generating speed and turning. I should really try his thruster set one day. https://futuresfins.com/products/tp-twin-1
  13. trifish

XTR Breakage?

Never broke a wood stringer xtr in 20 years of using them but you can break any board under the right conditions
  14. trifish

updated Christenson models

Considering the performance push I think it would of been nice if he placed the fins up a little more instead of the classic keel position where the trailing edge hits the crack. I've ridden a few of these types of boards now and the ones with the fins up a little more definitely turn better...