Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah i enjoyed It

read the books a few years ago, probably on a recco from the good book thread

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Kraftwerk and the Electronic Revolution, doc on Night Flight plus. A bit long-winded but really manages to put Kraftwerk in context. Some good interviews with German musicians of the time and some former members of the band.

Also watched Identikit, aka, The Driver's Seat, from 1974 and starring Elizabeth Taylor, about a woman who is meeting a man, in Rome, who she wants to kill her. Strange film, strange roll for Taylor. Also features Andy Warhol in a cameo. Really beautifully shot. Reminded me about her perfumes, a few of which are solid fragrances: Passion for Men, White Diamonds and Gardenia.

Between the music docs, foreign arthouse and B-movies, $50/year for Night Flight Plus is pretty great.

Last edited:

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Couple episodes deep into Shogun on Hulu. Not sure how historically accurate it is, but entertaining and graphic glimpse into the inner political turmoil of 1600 Japan and the expansion of trade through Spanish and Portuguese merchants who were first to visit from the West.

Reactions: enframed and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m here for some shogun

tough to capture the full scope of the novel, but it’s pretty good all the same. I’m enjoying it

would be cool if they produce the entire Asian saga

Reactions: john4surf and PRCD

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I've been watching "Billions." Interesting because it's a look at a world totally foreign to me. I watched "Succession" too. Sort of the same world.The 1% ers. I couldn't stand that show. Not a single sympathetic character.

Last edited:
Reactions: john4surf

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I've been watching "Billions." Interesting because it's a look at a world totally foreign to me. I watched "Succession" too. Sort of the same world.The 1% era. I couldn't stand that show. Not a single sympathetic character.
first couple seasons were great. then it fell of a cliff for me on s3.

succesion was pretty great all around.

Reactions: Aruka

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I've been watching "Billions." Interesting because it's a look at a world totally foreign to me. I watched "Succession" too. Sort of the same world.The 1% era. I couldn't stand that show. Not a single sympathetic character.
My wife stopped watching succession immediately for the same reason
no likeable characters
personally, I found them pretty amusing

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Billions definitely fell off for me. Not that I really ever thought it was amazing but im enough of Paul Giamatti fan that I was enjoying it for a while.

Succession was great. I can understand why someone wouldnt want to watch it but I think it was pretty much perfect.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
My son just told me last night it was by bennioff and weiss
so I’m thinking I’ll love it
until it all turns to sh!t at the end
man, against my better judgement and a severe desperation for something new to watch, i started it. so far its good, im in it. End of episode 3 was the hook.

hope these dorks dont drop the ball again. this one i know nothing about - but GOT i had read before the show started.