*** The Official What Movies Are You Streaming Thread ***

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Mind boggling how this was able to go on for so long. Company town mentality still runs strong in parts of the country. I see it on my work travels. DuPont C-suite occupiers and BOD officers need to go into big boy general population in a Federal Penitentiary for 25-life for this crime.
It's all pump and treat at this point and will be for a long, long time for the reasons you list.... I have a friend/former colleague who saw this coming a few years back and has timed the market perfectly and is making a killing with his patented GAC systems.
Ironically, Dupont is in the water treatment business and has an ion exchange system PFAS for PFAS removal.
AWWA has updated their curriculum to include PFAS and the topic now has it's own tract at most conferences. It still amazes me that it took as long as it did to gain meaningful traction.
Of course DuPont manufactures their own treatment system. Of course they do. :roflmao: Which is fine but they should all be manufactured, distributed, and used as charity/penance. Yeah, 25-life with a tramp stamp labeled "sensitive receptor".

Between DuPont and other chemical manufacturers and energy producers, forget society, they owe a massive debt to the species. If peasants could stay in the horseshoe business (or whatever) for 20+ generations, those C-suiters and their scions can be in the front lines of environmental cleanup for the same period of time or until the job is done.

Not just PFAS, humans can't even eat a lot of fish anymore because of the high mercury content. Step back and think how terrible that truly is:

The food chain for our species was disrupted so a few people could make an exorbitant amount of money.

Clearly the answer is that we should cut corporate taxes and ignore any concept of a wealth tax.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka and npsp

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Fauda (Arabic word for chaos).

Israeli film (subtitles). Pretty close in many ways to Israeli kill teams. Too bad they weren’t in the Gaza real time.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Killers of the Flower Moon was long but really well done. If ya wanna hate the white man this is your movie. Scorsese still has it.
agreed - just watched this (over 3 sessions - can't imagine viewing it in a theater in one sitting). good and depressing, but good.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
agreed - just watched this (over 3 sessions - can't imagine viewing it in a theater in one sitting). good and depressing, but good.
I thought Lily Gladstones performance was nuanced but exceptional.

Going to a screening of this tonight…

Reactions: sussle

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Watched Sound of Freedom streaming on Prime Video last night. A pretty good story that even my wife liked. After watching it and remembering all the bad press I read from the leftist media, I'm convinced the haters must have been watching a different movie. I took a mental note of the ERBBers who expressed profound dislike for it on this Forum and all I can say is you guys (and you know who you are) need some serious mental health treatment.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Aftersun

Im a sucker for a24 films and saw this was at the top of some review list. Without giving it much thought, rented it from YouTube, dove in, and ended up going on a potent emotional ride. It‘s beautiful in a sense, but mostly just a heartbreaking story about depression, distance and a parent-child relationship. Well worth it IMO — especially if you know the darkness of depression.

Reactions: Aruka

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Netflix, The Engineer, based on the actual event.

I was in Israel when this went down. Amazing what a few ounces of C4 can do to one’s hearing. I’m waiting for Israel to do a film on the two suicide bombers who met with their handler who gave them the keys to the car and directions to the target. They were driving down to Tel Aviv when the car blew up. Seems the bomb maker didn’t take the seasonal time change into to account and the bomb went off an hour early. No friendlies were injured.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Elvis was meh
ted 2 has me laughing out loud
a gummy may be effecting my sense of humor