The Craigslist Thread

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The board is posted for $700. I think that is reasonable?

In hindsight, I think spending $1,400 on a board is well worth it when you love the shape, and you want that shape in a tech that is gonna last years!

The Vader V2 is a new model and it was a gamble getting it. I think I was over-frothing and got sold on it prematurely. Idk. We'll see if anyone is interested in it and go from there. Maybe I'll surf it on a good day, like @JDJ suggested and see how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008

In hindsight, I think spending $1,400 on a board is well worth it when you love the shape, and you want that shape in a tech that is gonna last years!

The Vader V2 is a new model and it was a gamble getting it. I think I was over-frothing and got sold on it prematurely. Idk. We'll see if anyone is interested in it and go from there. Maybe I'll surf it on a good day, like @JDJ suggested and see how I feel about it.
I already know it won't fit me, but what are the dimensions and volume again?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Oooof. Yeah. Not gonna work for me. Would be so tempted if it had like 4-5 more liters of volume.

Someone will be very stoked on that if it sells.

If it doesn't, don't stress it. Don't lowball yourself. Price is as low as you should go.

You've got an amazing board you can try again in some time if it doesn't sell. Just pack it away carefully for now and mentally let it go. Try it again in 6 months. If it doesn't work then, then do get rid of it!

Reactions: ReForest

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

One day in the future you will rue the day you sold that board. It's one of the first ones made? It's not going to yellow or lose its pop. When your metabolism slows down you will likely gain a little weight and that board will be perfect. Keep it and sell something else if you need the $s.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

should be able to get $700 from it 6 months from now. why not surf it in the meantime thru south swell season?

edit: the $700 loss you're taking isn't from the (very normal) amount of pressure dents on the deck. it's coming from you "driving it off the lot" from the Dark Arts factory. Take it off Craigslist and go surf it brahh

Last edited:

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Hard to believe that 26L is overvolumed and at those dims. Quads are very fickle. You might need to continue tweaking. What sets have you run so far?

Reactions: Retropete

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Hard to believe that 26L is overvolumed and at those dims. Quads are very fickle. You might need to continue tweaking. What sets have you run so far?
I've ran the Kraken Twin fronts and trailer fin rears. P6 pivot fins as thruster (which I liked). P6 fronts and QD2 4.0 rears and now the Endorfins as a quad.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I've ran the Kraken Twin fronts and trailer fin rears. P6 pivot fins as thruster (which I liked). P6 fronts and QD2 4.0 rears and now the Endorfins as a quad.
Can you put up a photo of the qd2 4” rears on top/bottom of the endorfin quad rears for template comparison?

curious how different they are and which futures set is the closest.

not surprised the p6 fronts were nearly identical.

Reactions: ReForest

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

I sold my Dark Arts Ghost for $750 three hours after posting it. It would have sold faster but the guy drove 2 hours to come get it.

PS: please buy a 5’7 or 5’8 DA Vader. I’ll be eagerly awaiting your craigslist ad for it.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
too late its already in his head that its a dog
I completely agree. That’s what makes us sick….and me way more than others, lol! We don’t play this game to come out on top. This is just one that will hurt more than others. Once you think a board is a dog, there’s rarely any going back. Take what you get from it and buy whatever FireWire is peddling and you’ll be feeling like gold again. Just be happy you haven’t lost more times than I have!:drowning:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

back to firewire u go…

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Who's big ole baby is this one?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I completely agree. That’s what makes us sick….and me way more than others, lol! We don’t play this game to come out on top. This is just one that will hurt more than others. Once you think a board is a dog, there’s rarely any going back. Take what you get from it and buy whatever FireWire is peddling and you’ll be feeling like gold again. Just be happy you haven’t lost more times than I have!:drowning:
hahaha. I know you rode some Firewire's back in the day. I remember.

For whatever reason though, a Firewire has rarely let me down. But I'm not through with Dark Arts at all. Just need to be more careful on the next one. I'm gonna pick a shape that I love. Unless I find a new job at UPS or USPS or something... then I'll just buy whatever I want :ROFLMAO: :nana: :bowdown:

Reactions: OsideBum