Car Insurance Went Up Again

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Older vehicle, no tickets in last 15+ years. Never an accident. Zero claims.

Goes up $150 from last 6 month payment 'due to rate change in your state'.

USAA

Anyone experienced the same? What insurance company?

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
insurance across the board is going up. but that also means you have a better chance of saving with some comparison shopping. i'd ask around for quotes. i'd bet you can find a pretty big range of prices with your clean history.

Reactions: r32

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA

USAA

Been with USAA since 1968 (was on dad’s policy since 1959-60). Have home and vehicles on the policy. Don’t think mine has gone up (wife pays all the bills; she would have said something if the rates went up that much). With so many major insurers are cnx policies and not writing new policies in CA it may be best to roll with the punch. Sux how so many have raised prices this year. Took our granddaughter to lunch at Roxy’s in Encinitas yesterday day. $23 for a bacon cheeseburger the bottom of the menu advised a 3.9% would be added to the bill to recoup costs/inflation.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

USAA

shop around. i've had this conversation a few times with Amica-->GEICO-->Progressive et al:
"well, we're raising your rates because our costs have gone up"
"oh yeah? well, not because of me." :cursing:

and on to the next one. it's a PITA but it can pay to shop around.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

USAA

brah i drive like 200 miles a month, beach an back and it keeps going up. Fkn Geico - its relatively cheap all things considered at 115 a month currently but it was 80 bucks 6 months ago and now my policy is up for renewal again. almost getting reay to say fuck it until CA sorts out its insurance fiasco thats happeneing across all forms of insurance.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
insurance across the board is going up. but that also means you have a better chance of saving with some comparison shopping. i'd ask around for quotes. i'd bet you can find a pretty big range of prices with your clean history.
the problem is in CA there is no competition. these companies are leaving and not offering new policies at the moment so youre stuck with what you have and just paying 30 percent more every 6 months.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Called my bro in Colorado and asked what he pays.

400 / month for his new Honda Ridgeline
200 / month for his kid's 5yr old Jeep Cherokee

That's

4800 / yr
2400 / yr

Goddamn. He also said his insurance has gone up this past year again. Even tho, no accidents, no tickets. Allstate for him.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Called my bro in Colorado and asked what he pays.

400 / month for his new Honda Ridgeline
200 / month for his kid's 5yr old Jeep Cherokee

That's

4800 / yr
2400 / yr

Goddamn. He also said his insurance has gone up this past year again. Even tho, no accidents, no tickets. Allstate for him.
whoa - CA not to bad afterall - although i was lying to get those rates using my parents address. I bet LA is just as much, probs more.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
whoa - CA not to bad afterall - although i was lying to get those rates using my parents address. I bet LA is just as much, probs more.
TBH my insurance went up between HB and here. There's less traffic and theft, but people drive like idiots

Reactions: CutnSnip

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Same sh!t here in FL. Auto and homeowners. Last time our auto went up, I called to ask why. My wife and I both drive older cars and they told us one of the reasons is because older cars don’t have as many safety features as new ones. Wife recently bought a new car and when we got the insurance quote it was more than her older car :bricks:

• Wow
Reactions: john4surf