*** Official Fin Thread ***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Sidenote: Has anyone ever used that VerifyPass for Service Discounts anywhere?

It looks liketoo much of a hassle if I'm going to only get a 10% or something.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Reactions: weskussurfer

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Same here never had a set that fit the even the last set of true ams I got were even to long and wide
It's not so bad if you have to sand it down but if you get a pair of aftermarket Futures with the side to side wobble, that's it -- instant return. Can't be fixed, since there's no side screw.

Reactions: Fishyhb and sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
It's not so bad if you have to sand it down but if you get a pair of aftermarket Futures with the side to side wobble, that's it -- instant return. Can't be fixed, since there's no side screw.
Imo old boxes dont like new fins. boxes got just slightly wider. All my oldest futures wobble in new boards (og vectors and blackstix)

Reactions: Fishyhb

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Grabbed some Futures ENs. First impression is very nice.

Was curious about using a larger upright twin compared with my beat up True Ames TAs.

ENs have a wider base but more rake and less depth than the TAs. The EN foil is much more refined and gives the narrow tip nice flex. Glass layup is premium compared to the thick, dense fiberglass of the TA.

Think these will rule in the Plasmic. Maybe smooth out the kinks and give some spring through turns.

Last edited:

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Anybody tried these?

bigglesworth, those look like a nice balanced template to me. More upright than the AM and heavy fiberglass layup characteristic of True Ames. I imagine they will be stiff and pivotal.

Reactions: bigglesworth

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
new board running fcs2 carvers in the PC material. thruster.

need to add some control and maybe even slow the board downs some. any suggestions? the carvers already have a good amount of control i think.

board just feels a little too skatey

Last edited: