CA storm this weekend

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
They’re predicting an awful lot of precipitation. I heard something like 9” in Ojai from Sunday and Monday. The hype machine is on full effect. We can always use the water, just hope it’s not disastrous and it ends up being not so bad like the “hurricane”

Reactions: buttholesurfer

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
yeah the hype machine seems to be always running in fifth gear these days. but this storm looks to have potential to be legit. guess we will see soon enough

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
4-5' of snow predicted, so mountain roads will probably be the usual shitshow.

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
know some misfits who never drove with chains headed up for first snowboarding. i told them dont. they left tonight. haha??

• Wow
Reactions: bluengreen

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Was just at a birthday party and all of a sudden 30+ phones went off with a mandatory evacuation notice for all areas on or around creeks in Southern SB County.
The Carp campgrounds have been cleared and all areas on the ocean side of 101 have been advised to leave.
For all you save the driftwood folks, there will be no shortage in the foreseeable future.
SB Flood Control and Sheriff's Dept. are calling this storm to be one of the most significant in SB County history.
Batten down the hatches, it's going to be a fun 2-3 days :drowning:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
For all you save the driftwood folks, there will be no shortage in the foreseeable future.
I have changed my mind on the driftwood. See the thread for my reasoning.

SB Flood Control and Sheriff's Dept. are calling this storm to be one of the most significant in SB County history.
They are either totally unable to read and understand today’s modern weather forecasting systems or they are lying pieces of sh!t.
Batten down the hatches, it's going to be a fun 2-3 days :drowning:
Calm down.

It’s going to rain. It might even rain hard at times. Some places might even have some issues. It’s not going to be anywhere near what they are hyping.

Look at the weather forecast models that are available to everyone to see. There’s no there there.

SB County Sheriffs had big scary sounding, in uniform with a podium, press conference warning us “LIFE THREATENING!!!” conditions.

Schools already closed for Monday.

I’ll be working, outside, in ventura, all day Monday.

Bunch of fucking liars and/or pussies.

Reactions: sh3

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
They’re predicting an awful lot of precipitation.
By “they“ you mean news media and government liar hacks and NOT the actual weather forecast models.
I heard something like 9” in Ojai from Sunday and Monday.
We’ll see.

The hype machine is on full effect.
”Hype machine” is inadequate in describing the utter bullshit we’re being foisted upon us.
We can always use the water,
If only someone would invent a way to capture and store all the runoff…
just hope it’s not disastrous and it ends up being not so bad like the “hurricane”
Better head to Trader Joe’s right now and clear the shelves.

Shelter In Place!™️

PS: go find the “hurricane” thread and read what I wrote there.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I have changed my mind on the driftwood. See the thread for my reasoning.

They are either totally unable to read and understand today’s modern weather forecasting systems or they are lying pieces of sh!t.

Calm down.

It’s going to rain. It might even rain hard at times. Some places might even have some issues. It’s not going to be anywhere near what they are hyping.

Look at the weather forecast models that are available to everyone to see. There’s no there there.

SB County Sheriffs had big scary sounding, in uniform with a podium, press conference warning us “LIFE THREATENING!!!” conditions.

Schools already closed for Monday.

I’ll be working, outside, in ventura, all day Monday.

Bunch of fucking liars and/or pussies.
It’s all an authoritarian power grab, hey? Starting with taking our right to camp!

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
By “they“ you mean news media and government liar hacks and NOT the actual weather forecast models.

We’ll see.

”Hype machine” is inadequate in describing the utter bullshit we’re being foisted upon us.

Shelter In Place!™️

I hope you are right. :cheers:

Reactions: santacruzin

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It’s all an authoritarian power grab, hey? Starting with taking our right to camp!
No, it’s just a mixture of CYA bullshit, complete incompetence, paranoia and deep seeded need of those in power to look like they’re doing “something.”

Our local Sheriff is half a chromosome short of full blown retard. I be surprised of his IQ breaks 90. No joke.

He’s in charge right now.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

We’ll see.

Shelter In Place!™️

NEVER FORGET THE GREAT ATMOSPHERIC RIVER OF 2024 WHEN THE MEDIA INFRINGEF UPON DUFFMAN’S FREEDOM FROM UNFETTERED ACCESS TO ALL THE COOKIE BUTTER AT TRADER JOES!

you have a funny way of mostly agreeing with me saying that this was likely a lot of hype. :trout:

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You should whisper that in his ear on the mat in your dojo!
I train with a couple rank and file sheriffs. It’s from them and my own personal interactions with our esteemed chief county law enforcement officer from which I form my opinions of him.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
NEVER FORGET THE GREAT ATMOSPHERIC RIVER OF 2024 WHEN THE MEDIA INFRINGEF UPON DUFFMAN’S FREEDOM FROM UNFETTERED ACCESS TO ALL THE COOKIE BUTTER AT TRADER JOES!

you have a funny way of mostly agreeing with me saying that this was likely a lot of hype. :trout:
Read post 12.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I train with a couple rank and file sheriffs. It’s from them and my own personal interactions with our esteemed chief county law enforcement officer form which I form my opinions of him.
So they’re whispering in your ear while you’re on the mat?

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish