Return of the Wizard Sleeve - The "S Boss"

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
I don’t use mine anymore either. Switched to Ghosts and gained a few pounds. Honestly, I can’t use any of my old boards, Pyzels are just so much better and easier to ride.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Carnivore diet broski. Cut out the sugar and the alcohol and you guys will be back in fighting weight in no time.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Carnivore diet broski. Cut out the sugar and the alcohol and you guys will be back in fighting weight in no time.
Cutting out sugar, alcohol, processed foods, I get. Easier said than done, but I try, at least in moderation.
I see paleo/keto diet still popular among ageing surfers like Dorian. He seems to eat a ton of beef, eggs, meat, avocados, etc. So, why don’t these guys worry about high cholesterol?
I’ve had to cut way back on beef/cheese myself.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Cholesterol is actually good for you. Sugar is not - it oxidizes cholesterol which produces plaque in your arteries. Cholesterol is utilized to run their adrenal hormones. The less cholesterol you have, the less testosterone your body will make and low cholesterol produces cognitive decline. The Jupiter study is completely bullshit. Also, you might want to look at the PubMed studies on those with hypercholesterolemia - the short version: They tend to live 5-10 years longer than most folks.

Cholesterol is not your enemy. Sugar is. [But eat good quality meats. A McDonald's burger is not the same as an organic, pasture raised filet mignon.]

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Cholesterol is actually good for you. Sugar is not - it oxidizes cholesterol which produces plaque in your arteries. Cholesterol is utilized to run their adrenal hormones. The less cholesterol you have, the less testosterone your body will make and low cholesterol produces cognitive decline. The Jupiter study is completely bullshit. Also, you might want to look at the PubMed studies on those with hypercholesterolemia - the short version: They tend to live 5-10 years longer than most folks.

Cholesterol is not your enemy. Sugar is. [But eat good quality meats. A McDonald's burger is not the same as an organic, pasture raised filet mignon.]
Exactly! I was just going to say this (but you said it much much better. lol). @sh3

@oeste858 you should check out Episode 2069 Dr. Shawn Baker - The Joe Rogan Experience.

Dr. Baker discusses cholesterol and how doctors are actually discovering that cholesterol is not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Great podcast! I actually started the carnivore diet to see if it would alleviate the eczema I developed after having COVID and since I started on the Carnivore my stomach my body totally changed. I feel super lean and ripped! I didn't lose weight, but I do feel more shredded. I think cutting out the sugar and alcohol is what really helped, but also the meat provides so much protein that I feel strong overall. I think it's definitely worth a try if you trying to get in shape.

Reactions: sh3

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
thanks guys. moving this convo over to SurfDoc forum.

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
Board looks sick. My buddy in Oregon used to get Dan Mann customs back in the day and they looked really nice, clean lines and he was doing light EPS boards even way back then.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
haha, absolutely not :D
I'm friendly with the dude in the video, and surf the same spot often enough, might ask him for a go at it though.
Don't know the guy, and I'm sure he's awesome, and I just briefly saw the first 5 seconds of that clip with the volume off, but...

Before I saw his leg sticking out the left side, I thought that was Wee-Man standing on a couch.

• Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Don't know the guy, and I'm sure he's awesome, and I just briefly saw the first 5 seconds of that clip with the volume off, but...

Before I saw his leg sticking out the left side, I thought that was Wee-Man standing on a couch.
Definitely some midge DNA in that one, ya reckon….

Reactions: Buck_86 and sh3

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Concave set within each panel of a V bottom. Sounds Tomoesque. One may assume Slater has ridden the Revo with its V bottom/concave and then gone along to Dan to get him to make something in a more conventional planshape for mass consumption.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Concave set within each panel of a V bottom. Sounds Tomoesque. One may assume Slater has ridden the Revo with its V bottom/concave and then gone along to Dan to get him to make something in a more conventional planshape for mass consumption.
Exactly!! Instead of the S Boss, it should be the “Yes-Boss” :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Retropete

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Definitely doesn’t look like a Wizard sleeve in the videos. The stock photo looks more rounded.

looks like a full outline performance board. Looks super rippy and forgiving.

vegetarian here, still ride tiny boards and try to bone my wife everyday.

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr and ReForest

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Does it come in magma tech tho??
I wonder if FW is still selling a lot of boars now that a lot of the WFH / Covid crowd is back in offices. I remember they were clearing out old inventory with fire sales last year. I’ve still yet to see any of their latest boars IRL: Revo, FRK+, GreatWhiteHope.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Does it come in magma tech tho??
I wonder if FW is still selling a lot of boars now that a lot of the WFH / Covid crowd is back in offices. I remember they were clearing out old inventory with fire sales last year. I’ve still yet to see any of their latest boars IRL: Revo, FRK+, GreatWhiteHope.
lol. The S Boss, Great White Twin, and FRK come in Volcanic (I Lava U) tech.

I think they cleared out a lot of boards in general. Dylan Slater came in and cleaned house - literally. Boards, riders, contracts, etc. I actually picked up some nice team boards that I'd been eyeing for years!

I think their new inventory is going to keep them busy for a while. I think the S Boss, FRK and Great White Twin will do well. Then the Revo Max and Boss Up with be released probably around Summer Time, and I think those will do well also.

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF