Cryptocurrency: DeFi, Farming, and Staking Megathread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
IMHO this. There was a bloodletting after the 2017 everything moonshots as well. Probably wait until it's slowly and steadily climbing, get on the bandwagon, have a couple drinks, then jump off.
Something tells me people will be more averse to playing that game of chicken again.

If they don’t regulate the sh!t out of it first.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Something tells me people will be more averse to playing that game of chicken again.

If they don’t regulate the sh!t out of it first.
One of these two is highly possible this time around given the horrendous blowups that have occurred, and it's regulating it into submission. People are too greedy and have too short memories to be averse when it starts pumping again.

In the post-2018 crash, crypto was written off for dead. ETH went from 1400 to 80 by March 2020. It was a long winter.

Reactions: CutnSnip and sdsrfr

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Question is do we expect at least one more Fibonacci retrace where we surpass the ATH :unsure:
There's going to be a chalk trace around some dead motherfooker's bodies if orders processed at 9:30am Wed Nov 16th with fucking 2-day shipping costs don't show the fuck up until Friday after Thanksgiving while I'm out of town and they get fucking stolen.

Other than that, I dunno. I expect I'll forget all about crypto, crypto will occur to me one day, I'll see it's up quite a bit since the flatline but still relatively flatlined, I'll buy back in, there'll be another bull run, then the normies will be spamming the sh!t, Billie fuckin Eilish, Shohei Ohtani, and some movie star, and first one of those I even get an inkling about, I'm fucking ditching every last pennycoin and leveraged naked shorting everything they'll fucking "loan" me.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There's going to be a chalk trace around some dead motherfooker's bodies if orders processed at 9:30am Wed Nov 16th with fucking 2-day shipping costs don't show the fook up until Friday after Thanksgiving while I'm out of town and they get fucking stolen.

Other than that, I dunno. I expect I'll forget all about crypto, crypto will occur to me one day, I'll see it's up quite a bit since the flatline but still relatively flatlined, I'll buy back in, there'll be another bull run, then the normies will be spamming the sh!t, Billie fuckin Eilish, Shohei Ohtani, and some movie star, and first one of those I even get an inkling about, I'm fucking ditching every last pennycoin and leveraged naked shorting everything they'll fucking "loan" me.
A lot of nerds were saying that the next will be bigger. However this was pre Covid, and I imagine that a lot of ATH can be attributed to all the free money floating around.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I stopped paying attention for a while, are we using defi to buy houses and fish and stuff now?
Some people still are. It's mostly dormant, just like the rest of crypto. When the Fed decides enough people are out of work and cuts interest rates again and BTC halves, it will reemerge. Probably along with a new flavor of the month crypto product. In 2017-2018 it was ICOs, in 2021 DeFi, in 2022 dogcoins, 2025 ???

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
At one of the two most recent Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting Q & A's someone asked about Crypto. Warren Buffet held up like a $5 bill and said "This is money. There is no other kind of money".

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
At one of the two most recent Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting Q & A's someone asked about Crypto. Warren Buffet held up like a $5 bill and said "This is money. There is no other kind of money".
that's funny. what was money before the $5?

Oct 26, 2020
I've been into crypto for some time, and it's more than just a trend. You're spot on about those decentralized apps. They're an excellent way to mix up your investments and get into something new.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
"asymptotically" Whoa! I looked up the definition - I'm still not sure if I understand this word o_O
the old math quandary.

if you travel half the distance from point A to point B, and do it again, and again, you'll never get to Point B. Because you can always take half of the remainder.