Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Casa pulling a classic GG move...
tmp.gif
same sh!t. Every three months. Copy, paste. Can’t wait for the next wetsuit rant.
It’s okay for others to like things that you don’t. Really.
I'm not going to smear someone with secondhand info.
“…he’s not a shaper” -anonymous

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
same sh!t. Every three months. Copy, paste. Can’t wait for the next wetsuit rant.
That's literally the entire thread. Buy x/y/z wetsuit OTR or worse, mailorder, and complain. Same rants, often from the same people, over and over.

Yeah, I stand out because my wetsuits are great and I don't complain about them and I offer a solution...and I also point out the marketing BS, the flaws in the designs, and suggest people who can't fit into standard sizes go custom.

That's what this forum is about. Discussion of surf products for people who surf. I have my own views based on my experience, I don't care if you agree with them or not.

I guess you would like it more if I was buying a few new suits every year and then whining about how **** poor the quality was.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I don’t understand the not ripping on a twin fin. I’ve been on twins almost all of 2023 up to now. Don’t know if my surfing has improved but it hasn’t fallen off. I’m getting really old. Been riding them in up to doh surf on the NS.

I have no interest in ordering an Album, only because he’s not a local shaper for me. Too many great shapers here. But I do wish Coco and Koa well on their ventures.
I've been riding some twin fins the past couple months and i have seen a noticeable increase in my surfing. They allow you to pivot so much better and have way more speed. Faster snaps and easier to get under the lip are what i have noticed the most.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Biolos beef with Parker is well known.

biolos did his own marketing thing with …lost clothing and soft goods while shaping under Mayhem, not to mention the posca swirly customs, etc.

San Clemente beefs. lol. Where’s Kalani Robb to mediate?
Biolos starts beef with anyone that is getting the attention that he wants. Biolos is a silly dude.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Twin fins are my favorite surfboards. I have always loved them, ever since I picked up a 5’ something winged twin with. Sweet rasta spray from Bob Pearsons shop as a grom.

Rode many others over the years. Snd some good and some true dogs

We are living in great times for twin fin afficionados
Currently have 2 Griffin twins, a beamish twin and an Alpha Omega.

I was thinking about trying a twinsman at some point, dont see myself picking anything over my Alpha Omega short term.
Maybe when someone here dumps a YOLO cheap. :roflmao:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I liked it when he posted here. He would get into it with posters. It was great.
Years ago. Julian made it pretty far, finals iirc, in a Haleiwa Prime/6star what would be a Challenger Series type event now. Matt posted that he made JW a few boars and was kinda claiming it. Thing was WSL had a pic of Jules doing an air at the event on a Tokoro. When I pointed that out Matt replied something like yeah always room for a pintail in Hawaii. It wasn’t disrespectful but there was a dismissive vibe. Or it was probably me snowflaking it for my shaper friend. Haha.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Years ago. Julian made it pretty far, finals iirc, in a Haleiwa Prime/6star what would be a Challenger Series type event now. Matt posted that he made JW a few boars and was kinda claiming it. Thing was WSL had a pic of Jules doing an air at the event on a Tokoro. When I pointed that out Matt replied something like yeah always room for a pintail in Hawaii. It wasn’t disrespectful but there was a dismissive vibe. Or it was probably me snowflaking it for my shaper friend. Haha.
See... that's what i'm saying. Biolos will throw a jab like that for no reason. He's got an ego issue. But at the same time, it's nice to see a guy that isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Reactions: slipped_disc

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
That's literally the entire thread. Buy x/y/z wetsuit OTR or worse, mailorder, and complain. Same rants, often from the same people, over and over.

Yeah, I stand out because my wetsuits are great and I don't complain about them and I offer a solution...and I also point out the marketing BS, the flaws in the designs, and suggest people who can't fit into standard sizes go custom.

That's what this forum is about. Discussion of surf products for people who surf. I have my own views based on my experience, I don't care if you agree with them or not.

I guess you would like it more if I was buying a few new suits every year and then whining about how **** poor the quality was.
This forum is for talking sh!t. If you have story ...tell it. Otherwise shut it. No one wants to hear about the story you are not going to tell. GG pulled that sh!t for years and it is the most cowardly of trolling attempts. We expect more from you.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes I started before thrusters. Single fin, second or third new boar was a twin, back to singles until the thruster came out. Late 70’s-80’s twin weren’t great backside. At least the one I had

The negative assumptions about twins are common here on Oahu. Summer boar or a fish for small NS days. When my friends ask me what I’m riding on the overhead days on the NS I’ll flip my boar over to show them fins and tail. DJ’s logo is to the back 1/4 too.

They always ask if it holds. Of course I say yes. They don’t seem convinced until they see me get a set.

Biggest adjustment is NOT surfing off the fins but off the rails. Thing I like is easy speed and that I don’t have to push 110% all the time. It’s good to know that I have a little extra power reserve if I need it.

Thrusters are great. I’ll always ride them. So much refinement over the decades. I think they are dominant because they are also so forgiving. You can stand over the fins and chop away the rest of your days and never learn to utilize your rail. But once you do it unlocks a whole new level. Twins you gotta learn rail technique from the start.
what happened to local Unkos here and twin fins? Same thing every time I’m on one, “does it hold?”
Um, no I slide out every time that’s why I keep riding it.
Where did the twin fin hurt you braddah?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm sure this has been discussed, but can someone confirm if Varial feels like EPS? Or does it feel more like PU? Any similarities with XTR?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Feels like a cross between Eps and PU, in my opinion. Light but not too light like Eps. Flows through the water like PU, not on the water like EPS. Holds inertia. Flex is like new PU. I don’t feel a similarity to XTR, much more flex than XTR. Maybe some similarities to XTR parallel carbon, but not as light (good thing).

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Feels like a cross between Eps and PU, in my opinion. Light but not too light like Eps. Flows through the water like PU, not on the water like EPS. Holds inertia. Flex is like new PU. I don’t feel a similarity to XTR, much more flex than XTR.
Perfect! Thanks.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
what happened to local Unkos here and twin fins? Same thing every time I’m on one, “does it hold?”
Um, no I slide out every time that’s why I keep riding it.
Where did the twin fin hurt you braddah?
if the Unks are as old as me they remember setting up the backside tube of your life and that 80’s twin sliding out and pitching you over the falls in front of all your laughing friends. Fakas don’t even ask if you’re ok before scream laughing.

Im triggered.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I'm sure this has been discussed, but can someone confirm if Varial feels like EPS? Or does it feel more like PU? Any similarities with XTR?
I'll disagree with Racer on this one. I think that XTR and Varial actually feel pretty similar......at least when you compare stingerless XTR to Varial with the same glass schedule. Of course you can stiffen both up various ways. Both feel like something in-between PU and EPS to me.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'll disagree with Racer on this one. I think that XTR and Varial actually feel pretty similar......at least when you compare stingerless XTR to Varial with the same glass schedule. Of course you can stiffen both up various ways. Both feel like something in-between PU and EPS to me.
Hmm. If you had the option to pay $800 for a PU or $1,100 for Varial do you feel Varial would be worth the extra $300?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Hmm. If you had the option to pay $800 for a PU or $1,100 for Varial do you feel Varial would be worth the extra $300?
Depends on the wave size and power for me.

Small to medium sized waves waves that are weak to mid power, Varial all fvcking day.

Waves with some serious push and/or something well overhead, I'd go with a PU.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This forum is for talking sh!t. If you have story ...tell it. Otherwise shut it. No one wants to hear about the story you are not going to tell. GG pulled that sh!t for years and it is the most cowardly of trolling attempts. We expect more from you.
You're right I shouldn't have said anything.