Water Fasting

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Well, can I state the obvious?

It's water weight loss. That is all.

It will come right back with that first in-n-out burger that you were craving for the past 4 days?

Reactions: Havoc

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I'm gonna have to do it to fit into my 6/5/4 if necessity arises this year, but fasting and warmth aren't easily compatible. Cayenne pepper helps BTW.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It’s not about weight loss. Although you will lose more than water weight. A water fast means water is all that you are taking in, not that you are refusing water. Run a search and read. Lots of sources. Pick a few.

Science!

I‘ve only been able to make 72 hours. I add black coffee in the morning in. It’s surprisingly easy if you are by yourself.
A house full of other people cooking and eating makes it difficult.

Last edited:

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
I do intermittent fasting, 18 hours minimum everyday, Start at 1800 hours and usually have a light lunch between 1200-1400 hours the next day. Was difficult for the first week or so but now I'm used to it. Drink water, black coffee in the morning and sometimes some green or oolong tea when I get home from the gym. No decreased energy in the water or gym. Feel good. Maybe lost like 5-8 pounds over the last few months but weight now staying steady. Going for at least a 48 hour this weekend, maybe 60 plus. See how it goes, with the same routine of water, coffee and tea. Will include some LMNT in water from time to time. I'm interested to see what the after 24 hours mark does to and for the body. And no one at home either. LOL. I concur with Sharky on having other people around, though wife usually doesn't eat breakfast anyways.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
How?

Between surfing and/or exercise I need all the calories I can get.

Otherwise I am dropping weight fast.

How the hell do you squeeze a day's calorie intake into one meal?
I am getting enough calories in 2 meals a day and a high protein snack. I continue to lose fat but I lift too much to lose weight. I shoot for 180 grams of protein a day. I simplified my eating. Most of my protein comes from grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken I get delivered. I eat avocados, fruit and honey. I started mixing protein powder (garden of life sport) and collagen powder with coconut water in a bowl and adding greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I call it a protein slurry. This is a 75 gram protein snack. My cholesterol is still around 200. I eat brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds. I make smoothies with pomegranate juice, pineapple, blueberries, watermelon and kale. I cut seed oils, gluten and anything with msg, high fructose corn syrup, dyes, etc from my diet. My mental, physical and sexual health have never been better and I'm almost 54.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
How?

Between surfing and/or exercise I need all the calories I can get.

Otherwise I am dropping weight fast.

How the hell do you squeeze a day's calorie intake into one meal?
You're lucky

No matter how much I exercise I have to eat at "diet" levels or else I will gain weight

Reactions: brukuns

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I do intermittent fasting, 18 hours minimum everyday, Start at 1800 hours and usually have a light lunch between 1200-1400 hours the next day. Was difficult for the first week or so but now I'm used to it. Drink water, black coffee in the morning and sometimes some green or oolong tea when I get home from the gym. No decreased energy in the water or gym. Feel good. Maybe lost like 5-8 pounds over the last few months but weight now staying steady. Going for at least a 48 hour this weekend, maybe 60 plus. See how it goes, with the same routine of water, coffee and tea. Will include some LMNT in water from time to time. I'm interested to see what the after 24 hours mark does to and for the body. And no one at home either. LOL. I concur with Sharky on having other people around, though wife usually doesn't eat breakfast anyways.
I do IF too

I just don't eat dinner

Black coffee is lifesaver

Reactions: Bullnutts