The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Casa is having a aspie tantrum again :roflmao:
That's some serious projection.

This is like his interest rate rant, but with wetsuits, less coherent and no way to decipher what is really going on. USA IS GOING THE WAY OF ARGENTINA I'VE READ IT ON REDDIT WITH MY DEGREE IN NURSING TO BACK IT UP!!!!!
I don't know about Reddit.

I have a few degrees, RN is one of them, the other is where I received my econ education.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
did you pull the trigger on one?
The air got so cold so quickly this fall I went straight to my needs 5/4...its two years old now I think, and I have been cooold in it so far and it is no where near winter. It got me worried that Im turning into more of a pussy and need a $800 wetsuit...and according to this thread every wetsuit mfg makes suits that leak, are stiff, fall apart instantly, have weird dwarf sized torsos, key pockets that chafe your pepis, knee panels that cause arthritis etc ...except Isurus, those suits are fine unless you get the batch that is disasterously flawed..in which case its garbage..so yeah, Im pretty much gonna keep my old needs for now because it isnt made of rice paper nor will it rash where my bathing suit covers.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Same.

I'm between my Vissla hooded 4/3 which is pretty new and warm enough unless it's really cold air temps and windy (which it has been) and my Psychotech 5/4 which I usually don't bust out till after New Years and which I wasn't even espeically warm in last time it was 30s air temps. Would really like a warmer 4/3 but not sure I want to drop a grand on an Axxe.

The air got so cold so quickly this fall I went straight to my needs 5/4...its two years old now I think, and I have been cooold in it so far and it is no where near winter. It got me worried that Im turning into more of a pussy and need a $800 wetsuit...and according to this thread every wetsuit mfg makes suits that leak, are stiff, fall apart instantly, have weird dwarf sized torsos, key pockets that chafe your pepis, knee panels that cause arthritis etc ...except Isurus, those suits are fine unless you get the batch that is disasterously flawed..in which case its garbage..so yeah, Im pretty much gonna keep my old needs for now because it isnt made of rice paper nor will it rash where my bathing suit covers.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It seems pretty fvcking dumb that the manufacturers whose supposed goal is to make a product that keeps you warm can't make a decent wetsuit most of the time.

But when you consider 95% of suits are bought by hobbyists, surf schools, and people who treat them like dogshit (no rinse, sun dry, etc) it kinda makes sense. The motivation, I guess, on the part of the manufacturer, is not going to be there.

Reactions: freeride76

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You'll get back what you put out.
Dude, get some self awareness. You said there was better rubber than Yamamoto. I asked what it was, because you know i was interested in knowing, and you were a complete dick about it.

But see, you can’t help it. You can’t turn off your assholiness. Because you’re an asshole.

I’m just pretending.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Dude, get some self awareness. You said there was better rubber than Yamamoto. I asked what it was, because you know i was interested in knowing, and you were a complete dick about it.

But see, you can’t help it. You can’t turn off your assholiness. Because you’re an asshole.

I’m just pretending.
Like I said, I was getting sh!t together to go surf during our interaction so I was brief:Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 7.51.26 PM.png

You replied sarcastically. Then I went further, suggested using as Japanese translator to find out who supplied certain companies (because that is what I myself did a while back), then provided a little more insight as quick as I could:

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 7.52.14 PM.png

I'm not sure why you're lashing out at me, but I think your perception of our interaction is off.

Sorry you think I'm an asshole, but I've met multiple posters here IRL that would tell you otherwise.

It's also kind of weird that you say you're playing an asshole "on purpose" but then complain I've slighted you.

Reactions: Turtle71

Turtle71

Nep status
Jan 19, 2010
NE FL
Like I said, I was getting sh!t together to go surf during our interaction so I was brief:View attachment 167604

You replied sarcastically. Then I went further, suggested using as Japanese translator to find out who supplied certain companies (because that is what I myself did a while back), then provided a little more insight as quick as I could:

View attachment 167605

I'm not sure why you're lashing out at me, but I think your perception of our interaction is off.

Sorry you think I'm an asshole, but I've met multiple posters here IRL that would tell you otherwise.

It's also kind of weird that you say you're playing an asshole "on purpose" but then complain I've slighted you.
Lol. This is what can happen when people only communicate through text. Tone and context are absent at times so people take things the wrong way and make assumptions. Maybe ya'll should exchange phone numbers....might end up being buds....:monkey: :cheers: :waving:

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
@menobrah agreed that it’ll be warmer *IF* the shoulder cinch works. Some of their suits (from one bad year of production) have a defective cinches that flushes more than you’d want. And they’re still being sold.
I have one of these but the suit fits me so well it rarely flushes. Sent in a warranty claim last year... still waiting lol

Reactions: slipped_disc

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Just so I'm clear you spent hundreds of dollars on a wetsuit, something went wrong, and you haven't had your wetsuit since some time in 2022?
Nah I never sent it in. I just never got an answer from my emails to customer service. Called a few times and no one picked up.

I live a stones throw from the place that repairs all their warranty claims in NCSD. I should just bring it there and send Isurus the bill.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Nah I never sent it in. I just never got an answer from my emails to customer service. Called a few times and no one picked up.

I live a stones throw from the place that repairs all their warranty claims in NCSD. I should just bring it there and send Isurus the bill.
They respond much faster if you go through a rep or the store you bought it at.

Reactions: encladd