How’s the stock market?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
She looks like a fucking owl bro. The Tootsie pop one or fucking Woodsie, doesn’t matter. Take your pick.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record one last article that echoes what I knew all along and then I’m done. TLDR this is your last chance to listen to Turtle bro.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Record qtr eps for the spx forecasted by Yardeni Research .Next year eps topping 250 , a10 percent pop from the 23 numbers .

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Make sure to send your grom off to college with that advice.

I exited all of my positions last week and bought VOO, done pretending I know how to pick stocks.
Index funds are better than nothing but I’m convinced picking stocks isn’t that hard using my aforementioned strategery. I’ve picked a bunch of the past few years and I’m batting .800. the few I swung and missed on I wasn’t all that confident about to begin with so I never went big or added to the positions. And at some point I cut my losses alan FTNT even though it meant taking a bath and rolled what left in to CRWD

and in conclusion with what’s going on with AI you’d be crazy not to invest in a small but diversified portfolio of the industry leaders.
PLTR, CRWD, NVDA, NOW, SNPS, PANW
Theyve all done exceptionally well ytd and I don’t see why that won’t continue

Reactions: Mr Doof

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
MBA programs literally teach this on day 1 of finance class, particularly once you add in fees.
What id teach everyone on day one is dont think you’re smarter than you are

and that you can pink winners based on logic/pattern recognition.

I bought CRWD bc they do network security, I felt that network security was and will continue to be very important and I saw them as an industry leader ie growth.

Everyone knows nvda does that leaves you now SNPS and PANW to look up, and see why I bought them and why I see things only getting better

Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
What id teach everyone on day one is dont think you’re smarter than you are

and that you can pink winners based on logic/pattern recognition.

I bought CRWD bc they do network security, I felt that network security was and will continue to be very important and I saw them as an industry leader ie growth.

Everyone knows nvda does that leaves you now SNPS and PANW to look up, and see why I bought them and why I see things only getting better

No, they literally teach that over the long term almost nobody beats the indexes, particularly once fees are added in. They do this using data. It’s not a controversial position. In fact it’s been widely accepted since at least the 70’s when the analysis won a Nobel Prize.

It’s great you bought a few winners once though. Nobody says that doesn’t happen. Now list some of your losers.

Reactions: grapedrink