How’s the stock market?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You shouldn’t lose big bc at a certain point you’re only betting on winners, but I will say it helps if your pattern recognition is on point.

CRWD wasnt the only company of its kind that I bought to start, but the cream rose to the top and now it’s all I own in its sector.

View attachment 167104
Oh, only bet on winners! Why didn’t someone think of that sooner?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Thin the herd bro.
Let the cream rise to the top.
Sell the losers and roll what’s left into buying more winners along with dcaing whenever possible your winners as you go.
You mean . . . . kinda like an index fund? :unsure:

Where the losers get sold when they drop below 500 and are replaced with what replaces them :unsure:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You mean . . . . kinda like an index fund? :unsure:

Where the losers get sold when they drop below 500 and are replaced with what replaces them :unsure:
Call it what you want but like I said in a previous post as far as I’m concerned PLTR, CRWD, NVDA, NOW, SNPS, PANW are where it’s at rn and I don’t see things changing anytime soon. In fact I think what we’ve seen so far from them tbh is just the lemon next to the pie. But what do I know I’m not a surfer, I’m just a garbage man.

Then again I’ve repping PLTR since day one, and speak of the devil they just land another contract I knew they would.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I'd short OpenAI if I could. Altman is a cretin who's strategy seems to be trying to build a sandcastle of regulation around chatgpt while the tide is coming in. The future of LLMs is open source, and gen ai isn't going to come from an llm imo.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'd short OpenAI if I could. Altman is a cretin who's strategy seems to be trying to build a sandcastle of regulation around chatgpt while the tide is coming in. The future of LLMs is open source, and gen ai isn't going to come from an llm imo.
LLMs largely exist to turn out ad copy - at the cost of millions spent training the model, you can fire a lot of PR and marketing people and maybe some associates and paralegals. Those are the touted benefits, and they may actually be proven given the declining quality of human writing and cognition.

1700763479923.png

On the "drawback" side, you'll have governments using these to create and disseminate propaganda that will be so extensive that it contaminates its own information. Someone mentioned that it will improve SNR - actually the exact opposite is true.
1700763645865.png

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
LLMs largely exist to turn out ad copy - at the cost of millions spent training the model, you can fire a lot of PR and marketing people and maybe some associates and paralegals. Those are the touted benefits, and they may actually be proven given the declining quality of human writing and cognition.

View attachment 167262

On the "drawback" side, you'll have governments using these to create and disseminate propaganda that will be so extensive that it contaminates its own information. Someone mentioned that it will improve SNR - actually the exact opposite is true.
View attachment 167263

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I dumped all my MSFT bc of the whole Altman debacle and bought even more PLTR tbh. I think it’s just that dank.

and I lied bc I’m going to post another article about them. Not to show I’m right maybe a little bit but mostly to convince some more people to make the easy long term beau coup dolores buy and holding this sh!t. There’s still a wicked lot of upside to come

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

"Once a symbol of America’s economic might and accepted as a global coin of the realm, they have fallen badly out of favor, with serious consequences for taxpayers, investors, and financial markets.

Elementary economic forces — too much supply and not enough demand — have collided to create the worst stretch for U.S. government bonds since the Civil War. The government keeps borrowing to cover its budget deficits, while once-reliable buyers of that debt, both at home and abroad, have pulled back."

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

"Once a symbol of America’s economic might and accepted as a global coin of the realm, they have fallen badly out of favor, with serious consequences for taxpayers, investors, and financial markets.

Elementary economic forces — too much supply and not enough demand — have collided to create the worst stretch for U.S. government bonds since the Civil War. The government keeps borrowing to cover its budget deficits, while once-reliable buyers of that debt, both at home and abroad, have pulled back."
USD holdings haven't budged in years. The USD's status as world reserve currency seems decoupled from its impending fiscal crisis and T-bond sales, at least in the near term.

Reactions: Chocki

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Been hearing about the dollar going belly up for 2+ decades
Any day now
As a USD holder, I'm not thrilled by its declining purchasing power.

View attachment 167262

We've hit the trough.
1701299734879.png

• Haha
Reactions: slipped_disc