The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yeah, been so nice n sunny this week, I’m still in s/s full. Most are in 3/2s. I even saw a couple hoods pulled down.
Yep. Saw some caps at midday. In the mornings, ok, it’s been 50F, but midday is 75. Lol.

I like to be warm but any hood RN is silly.

Oct 25, 2019
Anyone with an opinion on Manera/Manure wetsuits? Non Yulex ones? Looking at the 6/4, wondering about fit and durability specifically? I know it will be stiff at that thickness. Have seen mixed reports. Thanks.
Make sure you try it on first. Heard multiple guys complain about the hood, specifically the face opening.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yep. Saw some caps at midday. In the mornings, ok, it’s been 50F, but midday is 75. Lol.

I like to be warm but any hood RN is silly.
early AM in SD county definitely 3/2 worthy. but hoods and booties, naw

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
eh didnt want to gamble on a colby - found a flashbomb 4/3 chestzip in MT for 325+tax.

E6, Last years suit i guess? about 150 less tghan this years e7 - sounds good to me.

this is the most expensive wetsuit ive bought in 30 years, i better feel the difference.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
eh didnt want to gamble on a colby - found a flashbomb 4/3 chestzip in MT for 325+tax.

E6, Last years suit i guess? about 150 less tghan this years e7 - sounds good to me.

this is the most expensive wetsuit ive bought in 30 years, i better feel the difference.
those fall apart in about half a season. Will likely leak from initial get go. Had numerous over the years and they did not last. I liked the ebombs a ton but same in durabilty

Reactions: Lowqi2
Dec 5, 2020
SF
Make sure you try it on first. Heard multiple guys complain about the hood, specifically the face opening.
Went w/ a new 4/3 hooded X10D for winter, and have a half dozen surfs in it so far. I really like the quality and the fit- feels great on. Very light, and dries fast too. But the hood opening is tight. Uncomfortably so. I’m stretching the crap out of it by hand hoping it will loosen up.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
which wetsuit you fucking with and why?
Cyber, they're warm and they last and they're custom.

Regardless, whatever you buy, a budget suit is gonna get you budget warmth. Splurge a little, seems a lot of guys here are happy with stuff like Feral and Isurus.

I'm always of the opinion the wetsuit is more important than the board.

I can surf anything when I'm warm. If I'm cold I'm a total kook and the entire experience is unpleasant.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Only problem for me with the high dollar custom suits is they do not seem to offer hooded suits.