wsl is pushing it.

Homie

Miki Dora status
Sep 2, 2005
would suck if u walked all the way down there to surf and found out that way
I had that happen to me at Creek a few times! One time nobody paddled in and they sent the goon squad out on longboards to get in the way while their dads drank muscle milk on the beach shouting at their brats to encourage their bad behavior. Only a OC surfer knows the feeling...

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
I had that happen to me at Creek a few times! One time nobody paddled in and they sent the goon squad out on longboards to get in the way while their dads drank muscle milk on the beach shouting at their brats to encourage their bad behavior. Only a OC surfer knows the feeling...
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more. if enough people won't get out there's not much they can do? Not a great way to spend a saturday though.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
How can a private group reserve public land? How do they have more right to it than anyone else?

Can I get a group of people together and start reserving spots for a whole day? We can pool our cash together and hire "security" to keep people out. Probably cheaper than slaters wave pool.
You realize that’s what they do for the comp, right? It happens all the time.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Its past 12pm so anyone can surf, right? Lowers still looks kinda empty and the waves are looking all time! I'd be there right now if I wasn't busy with work.

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
Its past 12pm so anyone can surf, right? Lowers still looks kinda empty and the waves are looking all time! I'd be there right now if I wasn't busy with work.
Dude. Stuck at the office too and drooling, waves look A-grade and lineup's empty by Lowers standard.

Reactions: ReForest

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
They have never done this before here. Private pre contest day. I wonder how much an extra day costs?
Catch-22. It’s included in the package and everybody has a share!

They should do this at all events.:waving:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
What part of the competition was held today?
Have you seen the permit? Regardless, my response was simply to the question of how it’s possible for private groups (like the WSL, Nssa, wsa etc) to reserve public beaches. It happens weekly up and down the coast.

Reactions: Havoc

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Have you seen the permit? Regardless, my response was simply to the question of how it’s possible for private groups (like the WSL, Nssa, wsa etc) to reserve public beaches. It happens weekly up and down the coast.
No, I haven’t. Have you? Post it up.

I’m seeing responses from others that have never seen this before with the WSL. Like unprecedented. NSSA and WSA type events don’t have lay days. They run straight through regardless of the conditions. Poor example.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Not that people should get beaten to a pulp for being dumb, but the threat of violence is always good for keeping people nice.
Came here to post this. When it happens in Hawaii everyone cheers.

If someone copped a beating for interrupting a wsl boogie board comp at lowers the Erbb would have a sh!t fit.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc