colonoscopy blues

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
100% better today.

Haven't had a solid meal since last Tuesday though.... and @ 1'75" and 70 kilos (with 25% fat in summer/18% in winter) it's becoming a chore to get my stomach to accept food again.

Have had digestive issues since I was kid, genetricks.

Thank you both for caring @bonzer5fin and @Subway !!!
We have to get the three of us together out here this fall/winter season somehow.

Start finding a week or two that coincide for you both. Lodgings on me, surfboars too.

:waving::shaka:

I highly encourage you to take advantage of my offer, because after what I saw yesterday at the ER and the two private hospitals here on the island, our days are numbered here.

Duuue in the space next to mine was vomiting brown blood like a fire hose, and they just let the poor bastard heave like they could give a rats arse about him.... hope the poor kid made it, because it was NOT looking good from where I was laying for him.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
u on maui? or what country?

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
I DO NOT NOT RECOMMEND COLONOSCOPY!!!!
RATHER DIE A PAINFUL SLOW DEATH OF COLON CANCER THAN REPEAT THAT AGAIN!!!!
WTF happened in that ER, and why an ER, because...Canary Islands?

Please don't say you'll never have another, just don't have one by THAT guy in THAT place.
Another pro tip: when you're that cleaned out already due to a good diet and efficient gastrointestinal system, don't drink all the kool-aid--you'll know when it's enough.

Then again, I'm gonna ask about PPK's pill-style colonoscopy, Fantastic Voyage style.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
just got my second sh!t stick kit in the mail. So far have avoided the anal flushing. Wish me luck.

Should I send a sample today when I'm really hung over? That will surely skew teh results?

• Haha

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
It's a long story, basically the best doctors are in the largest population centers, which this island is not.

The older we get, the more inevitable our departure from island life in Spain becomes.

Though, who ever knows what the future holds in store.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It's a long story, basically the best doctors are in the largest population centers, which this island is not.

The older we get, the more inevitable our departure from island life in Spain becomes.

Though, who ever knows what the future holds in store.
I have to say, the thread title is not one that leads me to want to click on it and read. My experiences with the procedure have been routine. I learned to sip some 7up right after guzzling the laxative to ease the nausea but other than that it’s been an uneventful event.

Then I read your story. Ouch! That sounds crazy. I’m sorry you had to go through that and hope you feel better.

I have a wild next door neighbor. She’s kind of an old hippy, was a nurse. She voluntarily does her colonoscopy with no anesthesia. Says it’s no big deal.
:crazy2:

• Haha

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
once upon a time it was my job to collect a turd sample from my 80 something dad
so i was hanging out with him waitin for him to take a shet. when the time came, i reminded him not to flush.
5 minutes later, flush. no turd remnants. normally thats a good thing, but not that day. so i hang around another few hours and its time to sh!t again. i remind him not to flush. "i know, i know" he said, annoyed at me. 5 minutes and i hear a flush. same story on repeat. later that day i did manage to get a sample he didnt flush. i raced it over to the lab. they were just locking the door, nurse was shaking her head at me, as i asked what to do with the sample. btw theres a limit how old the turd can be, so i couldnt use that sample the next day.
i have many sh!t stories about my dads last years. he once shat himself in the elevator on the way to a docs apt.
things were pretty bad for him cuz the docs had never had him scoped til it was too late "he wont survive the surgery". also his prostate got so big he couldnt ****. had to get "eurolift", after months of catheter bag and changes every 2 weeks. get checked early on this stuff.

reminds me of another story. sometimes his catheter bag would rip. we started getting extras after the incident where i called his doc and asked if i could get a new catheter bag, they said come right in. nurse told me to come in the back room and sit on the table.... the story would be better if i hadnt told her i just need the bag for my dad. she was about to fit one on/in me. in case u dont know, theres a tube they put up your pee hole all the way to your bladder.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I have to say, the thread title is not one that leads me to want to click on it and read. My experiences with the procedure have been routine. I learned to sip some 7up right after guzzling the laxative to ease the nausea but other than that it’s been an uneventful event.

Then I read your story. Ouch! That sounds crazy. I’m sorry you had to go through that and hope you feel better.

I have a wild next door neighbor. She’s kind of an old hippy, was a nurse. She voluntarily does her colonoscopy with no anesthesia. Says it’s no big deal.
:crazy2:
Got her #?

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I had one of these back around 2000 and I too got hard instantly. The late 40s looking nurse doing the ultrasound sayst something like sometime's its easier to just take care of that first. Then she says and i'll never forget "May I?" TBH was impressed by her professionalism and matter of factness so who was i to say no? She put a squirt of the jelly on her hand and grabbed a washcloth and held it over the head of my penis and stroked me off til I came, probably 15 seconds. Cleaned me up and went about the ultrasound like nothing happened.
Needs work.

- Sensual Surfer out!

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Request propofol sedation. Total oblivion and lost time.
I got Propofol, woke up half way thru, got even more Propofol, woke up again at the end... butt, it wasn't quite over yet. If you know what I mean? :dancing::crazy2::poke::monkey: Then I got Nolotil, and Biscapina. Also, got Ketorolaco.

Guess what?

Recreational injected drug use as a teenager put all that crap to shame.
As I left, I informed them they know nothing about sedation.... aside from being a group of fooking sadists of the worst kind... and I've met a few in my time.

:shrug:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I got Propofol, woke up half way thru, got even more Propofol, woke up again at the end... butt, it wasn't quite over yet. If you know what I mean? :dancing::crazy2::poke::monkey: Then I got Nolotil, and Biscapina. Also, got Ketorolaco.

Guess what?

Recreational injected drug use as a teenager put all that crap to shame.
As I left, I informed them they know nothing about sedation.... aside from being a group of fooking sadists of the worst kind... and I've met a few in my time.

:shrug:
holy sh*t, what an awful experience
So did you do damage when you yanked all that stuff out?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
holy sh*t, what an awful experience
So did you do damage when you yanked all that stuff out?
Luckily no... but that was the reason for the trips to the E.R.s they were certain I'd perforated my long intestine, turns out some of the gas they fill you up with created a diverticulum in one of the folds. Apparently the pain and symptoms were very similar to peritonitis, which could result in sepsis and death.

All in all, it was a very traumatic experience, and will take some time to get over... here it is Tuesday already and (shouldn't share "this" 'here', butt who gives a rats arse... :monkey: here goes, have fun with it bois) I feel like I had a couple of Freight Trains collide in my anus.

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

My G.P. today in utter shock as she read the reports, suggested I file a complaint with the medical board.... kind of like the start of a malpractice procedure... against the place. It is not like any Dr to suggest that about another, unless it's a pretty glaring example of not following protocol correctly. She said there's only 2 reasons for anesthesia, 1-) to put you out cold for the duration of the procedure, or longer. And 2-) to ensure you NOT remember what was done to you. She said, think of it like the perfect date rape drug... you can literally do anything without the patient feeling a thing, or remembering what happened to them. This last part she stressed, is VERY IMPORTANT, as it ensures no emotional trauma from surgeries.

I both woke up twice, one in the middle and again at the end; and what's worse is I still remember and am frankly having a tough time forgetting.

Well, at least I'm not a Virgin anymore.

:shrug::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::shrug:

:sick::barf:

I just want to put this all "behind me" now and fugget about it.

:LOL: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou:

• Wow
Reactions: Subway

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
My wife's mom's husband (not her stepdad. anyway..) was just diagnosed with Prostate cancer.
He didn't want to get scoped. Now he has to.